Sign in to follow this  
Evening

[FIXED] Broken permissions (deed overriding house permissions)

I have an alt, not part of my deed, not part of any deed; befriended and in "Trusted" category.

The alt is added - with full permissions - to buildings on my deed; deed settings for non-citizens role are set to don't allow anything.

Tonight, my alt (trusted friend, added to a building with full permissions, including "Manage") was unable to pick anything from any building on deed, despite the specific permissions on each building.

I tried both in buildings with arched walls and with (locked) doors, in buildings owned by myself or "deed managed'".

Alt was able to drop things she had in inventory and pick them up again from house floor (she didn't log out), to manage the buildings, but not to take anything already in there, on the ground (no bulk containers).

Spoiler

a30b593f936c5984f4ed1615a5c311fd.jpg

• Like 1

I think something happened to permissions today, couldn't grab a branding iron from the hota statue on my alt, from another deed, and permissions are set to allow this.

The hota is not inside a building either.

Edited by JakeRivers

I also thought something was 'wrong' with permissions yesterday. I went to check a ruin...that had some gems inside a building...which no walls had fallen on (They weren't technically walls to begin with, the person built a fully arched walls 2x1 building with no fencing to keep people out)...and I was able to drag/drop the gems out of the chest inside the building....but it wasn't letting me repair the stuff in the chest...saying permissions didn't allow it...but I could drag/drop them out, repair them, then shove them back in the boxes. I thought maybe something screwy was going on, so I just blew it off/let it go...but maybe some permissions got busted and that wasn't supposed to happen.

Edited by Corsan
Also not on a deed.

Yesterday on an alt I was unable to take items from an unlocked planted fsb but was able to take items from an unlocked unplanted fsb. Meanwhile my main could take from both. Very odd given both accounts have the same building permissions but different deed permissions.

I was able to reproduce this on test, but I do not have the same issue on live.

If anything changes or if you figure out what's happening, please post here so that we can help get this solved.

On test I had a building on a deed, not controlled by the deed.  Added 2 different people (one an ally, one a stranger) to the building with full permissions - neither of them can take anything.

On live I have buildings that I added alts (who live on other deeds) and they can take without a problem.  I can't figure out what the difference is at this time.

12 hours ago, Alectrys said:

On test I had a building on a deed, not controlled by the deed.  Added 2 different people (one an ally, one a stranger) to the building with full permissions - neither of them can take anything.

On live I have buildings that I added alts (who live on other deeds) and they can take without a problem.  I can't figure out what the difference is at this time.

Do these alts have permissions to pick up on deed? Do they have other permissions on deed?

1) Player A has 3 buildings on deed. We assume they were locked and permissions set correctly.

2) Player A transfers buildings to Player B and then disbands settlement.

3) Permissions clear and are left with no permissions set to any player and no locks.

4) Player C, we'll call him "random adventurer who was genuinely curious about what appeared to be a disbanded settlement and not a scavenger" ;) is able to pick up items from inside all 3 buildings.

5) Player C is NOT able to drop any items within the buildings, also cannot repair any items outside the player inventory.

6) Player C is able to drop items by dragging them into any container or pile within the houses.

7) Transferring the buildings to another player does not change the permissions.

8) Locking the door seemed to fix everything.

Also all locks and permission on all boats, wagons, carts, and chests owned by Player A were somehow removed and set to allow all at some point during the process of disbanding and transferring ownership of the 3 buildings.

Tested just now on live:

Test #1

- main does not own, but has manage, on a building;

- made a new character;

- the building is offdeed, in a perim, not managed by deed, and it's a 1x1 with a locked door and 2 arched walls (and 1 window);

- door were locked, building-managed, the building set to not allow entry for anyone except alliance;

- main removed building-managed and set permissions on the door to "allow kingdom" to enter, dropped a shaft inside, and went away 20+ tiles;

- alt entered the door (expected), and picked up shaft (BUG).

Everything else: perms on building don't allow anything to outsiders; alt was not friend, not villager, just a stranger without deed.

Test #2

- second building, also offdeed, also with a locked door and arched walls;

- door is building-managed, the building is set to not allow entry for anyone except alliance;

- main dropped some shafts inside and went 10+ tiles away;

- alt came through an arched wall (expected), and picked up shafts (BUG).

In other words, the only difference between the 2 cases is that in the second case the alt can't enter the locked door. But it didn't matter, he was still able to pick up.

Edited by Anarres
added second test

OK, made Test #3 too:

- main made a new house (1x1 shed), offdeed, off perimeters, with 1 door and 3 windows. No arched walls this time.

- main dropped a log inside and went away 5+ tiles.

- alt came, entered (expected), and picked up the log. (BUG)

So, so far one of the several issues here is: [Bug #1] the pickup permission for buildings is not applied.

That's the issue in Corsan's, Aeryck's, and my cases. I think it explains Evening's case too, because if there's a deed and house perms are completely ignored, they fall back to deed. Might explain Alectrys' case too, depending on whether those alts on live had deed permissions to pickup.

Edited to add: I didn't specify anything else in case #3 because there wasn't anything else. No deeds involved, no locks, no changes to permissions on the new building, no change in alt's status (no friend, anything). When you create it and finish the walls, it defaults to no permissions to anyone (of course owner can do anything). Yet, the random stranger could pick up just fine.

This is a major issue, and I hope it will be solved as soon as possible.

Second edit: I didn't mention, but I also tested proximity all along. Proximity is applied properly.

Edited by Anarres
  • Like 1

You must have permissions to drop on deed set to everyone. If this is the case - any person can drop something on your deed, and if they the owner dropped the item, they can pick it up and you the deed owner cannot pick it up unless they are 5 tiles away.

If you do not allow everyone to drop on deed, this doesn't happen at all.

Note: read further down and yeah that seems fish about building perms.

Edited by Bramson

I noticed the pick up with take bind and remove items from coffins etc on a fallen deed near me. A fence piece was catapulted by someone so I was looking around. Inner doors unlocked behind fence so I went in. I found I could take anything from inside the buildings. Could drag and put in inventory. Also no take option right click but took by keybind for furniture. Permissions still in place for drop and repair.  Couldn't do either. And all walls up. Nowhere near decayed. So something is messed up for permissions.  

Same here. I am able to grab items from Off deed buildings. Also my villager with permissions for ,,pick up" can loot buildings he doesn't have permissions to.