Sign in to follow this  

header.png

Foggy eclipse, by Nordlys

Hi everyone!

Another week down, and we move even closer to 1.3 coming live to WU! There's still lots coming to WO though, and I'm excited to share it, but first...

patch notes

Spoiler

Changes:

• Changed Rift rewards to be more in line with final ranking.
    • Light of Fo will give a max of 15 participation points per cast, as long as it hits that many creatures to heal them.
    • At the end of a Rift, if you have more than 60 participation (phenomenal), the lump you receive will be less random ql and weight, and more dependent on your participation score (with a slight amount of random on top of it).
    • Also at the end of a rift, if you have more than 60 points, you’ll get an amount of rift resources scaling to your participation points (up to a max of 20 at a participation score of 360). Each of these items will be random between the three rift materials, and the ql will scale based on participation too.
    • Higher participation generally will mean more rift material bits at a higher ql (though there is a slight random added to the final ql of each bit).
  • Changed the resulting location of lamps planted using the corner tile.
    • Lamps previously planted using the tile corners if on tile corners that bordered deed and perimeter may have actually been ‘located’ on the perimeter tile rather than the deed tile for lighting and decay. If you have lamps planted in this manner, pick up your lamp, stand on the DEED tile and replant in the corner to assure that the lamp is located on deed and not in the perimeter.
    • Lamps in the past could not be planted on certain tile borders if there was a house or fence on that border as well. You can now plant and interact with lamps on tile corners even if there is a house or fence intersecting that tile corner.
    • Blessed lamps will auto-light off deed when planted on pavement tiles. When planting, please be certain you are standing on the pavement tile if planting using the tile corner method.
  • Feature: New behavior for off deed blessed lamps.
    • Blessed lamps planted off deed on pavement tiles will auto-light in the evening and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
    • Blessed lamps planted off deed on bridges will auto-light in the evening and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
    • Blessed lamps planted off deed on reinforced cave floor tiles will remain lit all the time and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
  • Boat speeds have been tweaked upwards as a percentage of their base speed in low wind according to their relative difficulty to create:
    • Corbita: +26%
    • Cog: +75%
    • Knarr: +2.5%
    • Caravel: +33%
  • Wind bonus has remain unchanged, and speed differences will be most noticeable in little wind.

Bug Fixes:

• Bugfix: The changes in 1.3 to multiple harvests depending on skill and age for Forestry and Milking were affected by a bug that increased skillgain per harvest exponentially per tick during one action, this has been rectified and the skillgain per tick will be the same across the whole action. This fix also affects Botanizing as that is where the original bug was.
  • Bugfix: Sealed barrels properly reflect the weight of the contents while in inventory.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with sealed barrels and contents behavior.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where you would not get the nature-meditate option on the context menu if you had something activated in inventory and there was a glow rune on your rug.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented loading of items with glow runes attached.
  • Bugfix: Internal components of items can no longer be loaded into war machines.
  • Bugfix: Fix for not receiving normal stance fight skill.
  • Bugfix: Recipe fixes for mayo not mixing with other items or leading to unknown recipes in lore.
  • Bugfix: Various spelling and text errors fixed.
  • Bugfix: Added a few layer and obstruction checks for interaction while above and below ground.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented clay shingles from being dragged into a kiln from a bulk container.
  • Bugfix: When planting a flower in a pottery flowerpot or a marble planter, the planted pot will have the same quality/damage as the empty planter.
  • Bugfix: Another fix to prevent fog spiders from spawning on deeds.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few issues to properly block building or continuing structures inside blocked zones.
  • Bugfix: Rebalanced damage done to tools when destroying unfinished fences and building walls as well as completed fences and walls.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few cooking achievements that were not working properly and added a few new ones to be discovered.
  • Bugfix: Fixed various text descriptions for recipes and ingredients.

Just to clarify, the base boat speed without wind hierarchy is still:

1. Knarr
  2. Caravel
  3. Corbita
  4. Cog

All that has changed is that minimum speeds for the slower boats has been tweaked upwards.

This cave entrance ain't big enough for the both of us, yet...
Ever feel that one tile just isnt wide enough? Well soon you dont have to worry about that! Thanks to some very hard work, we'll be introducing two tile wide caves!

caves.jpg
A few things to note:

• Two tiles is the maximum
  • The bottom slopes MUST BE EVEN before even opening the second one (no tricks of opening to auto flatten the bottom!)
  • Mine doors cannot be used with this system.

That's not all

Another popular suggestion that's been floating around has been a little more bling to a specific mount...

unicorn.jpg

That's right, Coming soon unicorns will be able to be equipped with gold and silver shoes, bridles, saddles and receive the speed bonuses from them!

Barding will not be able to be equipped, and the speed will be somewhere between a horse and a hell horse.

WU Alpha

The alpha testing for the 1.3 WU update is going smoothly with a few bugs reported to be addressed this weekend. We'll also be likely updating WU to the current patch that came out yesterday in the alpha.

We're giving away some Steam keys for Wurm unlimited via Twitter and Facebook, so be sure to jump on and share your favourite Wurm tip to be in the running, we'll be giving away more over the coming week too!

Community Content

This weeks community content has had a fair few contenders, with some amazing shots and locations shared with me, but the one that's blown me away the most has to be the screenshot from @Kasumiof a foggy walnut forest on the unstable client. The atmosphere it sets just excites me and I can't wait until the unstable client is stable!

screenshot.jpg

Want to see your content in the weekly news? Shoot me a PM or post it on the forums and you just may wind up featured!

That's it for this week, I for one will be trying to keep cool, and looking forward to riding my unicorn with sparkly shoes around!

Until then though,

Keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 24

As much as I appreciate the mention, that eerie walnut screenshot didn't come from me, @Retrograde:P

Awesome news the past couple of weeks!

• Like 1

What mention? It was always kasumi, why would I write joelle? only someone boiling in Australian heat would be so silly...

I mean, thanks!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

What mention? It was always kasumi, why would I write joelle? only someone boiling in Australian heat would be so silly...

I mean, thanks!

lol

now give me more fog for more awesome atmosphere shots!

also... being able to equip unicorns - YAY! :wub:

Edited by Kasumi
  • Like 4

Absolutely gorgeous, *starts deleting entire steam wish list. ;) Thank you so much for all the excitement.  

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Bugfix: The changes in 1.3 to multiple harvests depending on skill and age for Forestry and Milking were affected by a bug that increased skillgain per harvest exponentially per tick during one action, this has been rectified and the skillgain per tick will be the same across the whole action. This fix also affects Botanizing as that is where the original bug was.

A shoutout to the wurm fun police, well done!

The bottom slopes MUST BE EVEN before even opening the second one (no tricks of opening to auto flatten the bottom!)

Nice to be able to get this option, so auto flatten will still work for single tiles or no (sounds like it will but just making sure) and will it be possible to mine out on the second tile to keep the entry flat as opposed to the 20 slope down from tunneling in?

Equipment for unicorns! Yes!  *heads off to breed the unicorns*

Blessed lamps planted off deed on reinforced cave floor tiles will remain lit all the time and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.

oh and nice really nice:)

Nice! Uni mounts and double mine entrances will be nice additions.

1 hour ago, Kasumi said:

now give me more fog for more awesome atmosphere shots!

Only in her local, please. :P

• Like 3

Yea, the double wide mine entrances are a nice addition *but* it would be much better if they could be fitted with 2 mine doors instead of none. Don't forget the sparkling hoofs on the silver/gold shoed Unicorns either.

=Ayes=

And to make them play Erasure's Always whilst riding them.

and live in harmony, harmony oh love!

• Like 1

Yay for dual wide mine doors and actually usable unicorn mounts!

• Like 1

Was it too hard to code in using 2 mine doors side by side, or just not desired for some strange reason only tich could answer.

• Like 1

There are many 3-tile wide highways and tunnels/canals, could we get 3-tile wide mine entrances too, please? More than 3 isn't needed, i'm sure.

Great news again, Retro! Thanks to all of you for working hard on updates and improvements.

I really like that screenie from the woods Kasumi! :)

Edited by Nordlys

Problem with multiple minedoors is that they could (or would) have 2 different permissions sets, also one will open as the other closes, so would require a fair bit more code to sort that out as well.

As for 3 wide entrances, it maybe possible, but not sure how easy it would be to do. There would in effect be 2 ways to get to 3, one is tunnelling between 2 existing tunnels, or expanded a single tunnel to two then to three, Not sure either is desirable.

• Like 2

ITT champ unicorns have just become the new meta

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

Mmm...  I can taste that delicious fo nerf.

Still, in this instance it was needed and a 15 cap is not too bad.  As long as it doesn't drop lower I can't see fo priests being too vexed, especially now that we will also be able to get rift resources.

The grind just got turned up a notch for botanise; hopefully the skillgain values were tweaked a little to tier with levels so that it is not too horrific for those who didn't get the benefits of this "bug".

2 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Mmm...  I can taste that delicious fo nerf.

Still, in this instance it was needed and a 15 cap is not too bad.  As long as it doesn't drop lower I can't see fo priests being too vexed, especially now that we will also be able to get rift resources.

The grind just got turned up a notch for botanise; hopefully the skillgain values were tweaked a little to tier with levels so that it is not too horrific for those who didn't get the benefits of this "bug".

asking for wurm online to compensate for windows of opportunity? LOL

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tich said:

Problem with multiple minedoors is that they could (or would) have 2 different permissions sets, also one will open as the other closes, so would require a fair bit more code to sort that out as well.

As for 3 wide entrances, it maybe possible, but not sure how easy it would be to do. There would in effect be 2 ways to get to 3, one is tunnelling between 2 existing tunnels, or expanded a single tunnel to two then to three, Not sure either is desirable.

Fair enough, I figured something along the lines of door permissions, I think a 3 wide would cool, but can just imagine the bugs from that.

So why change the harvesting skill gain, I was enjoying the ticks from the very long harvest action timer, and actually thought it was a new feature. It seemed pretty cool to have the skill gain tick chances on each occurrence of a harvest on a action which if I am not mistaken has a fixed time to do.

• Like 1