Sign in to follow this  
Alectrys

Canal Lighting On Independence

Trystant and I have planted and lit blessed lamps in the Mountain Hollow Canal.  I heard talk of another canal being done on Indy and though it might be a good idea to list here which ones are complete so others can be tackled as time permits.

Mountain Hollow Canal- 7x, 27y  (J9)  - done.

• Like 3

Cave Canal between Crystal Lake and Inner Sea is blessed except for the lamps under the Steep Area deed which stay lit anyway.

• Like 2

The devils horn pass will need reinforced floors before the lamps can be blessed

• Like 1

Kinoss Canal has no reinforced floors either, we will start working towards this, some fooling around w concrete may be involved, and can any one confirm that lamps will need to be replanted after the tiles they are on are reinforced in order for the blessing to take effect?

26 veins to kill and crystal - lake harmony canal is done. I will get back on the isssue when i have a more acurate schedule spring summer is comming and that means ill whont be so active in wurm.

Orient Express all floors are reinforced, there are a lot of lamps that need blessing, at least 350 to 400. 

I haven't looked into this much - can they just be blessed, filled and relit? Or do they need replanting? It will be a problem if so as many lamps were planted by people that no longer play, hence a lot are in really naff places that I can't do anything about. 

Unfortunately I am very busy in RL at the moment and will not be premming up a priest just to do this in my free time, if anyone wants to bless away I would appreciate it otherwise I will get on it in about 4 months time. 

Cheers

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:25 AM, LordLouis said:

Orient Express all floors are reinforced, there are a lot of lamps that need blessing, at least 350 to 400. 

I haven't looked into this much - can they just be blessed, filled and relit? Or do they need replanting? It will be a problem if so as many lamps were planted by people that no longer play, hence a lot are in really naff places that I can't do anything about. 

Unfortunately I am very busy in RL at the moment and will not be premming up a priest just to do this in my free time, if anyone wants to bless away I would appreciate it otherwise I will get on it in about 4 months time. 

Cheers

I've done a bunch and others have as well.  I haven't checked since last weekend, but was probably 85% done then.

• Like 4

We are in early stages of reinforcing/blessing lamps in kinoss, but, i haven't had to replant any lamps .. both inside and outside i simply reinforced the tile the lamp was on, filled it, blessed it, and they haven't used any fuel since  last week.

On the downside we have lost the  outside lamps staying on day and night as long as they had fuel .. the new lamps turn off in daytime, and on at night .. slightly lessening people's ability to find the canals in daytime.

its a minor quibble w no easy fix other then not blessing the outside lamps.as far as i can see.

• Like 2

Maybe bless the outside lamps and put a sign in the water or something? 

Ok, all lamps in Kinoss canal are reinforced/blessed.

Thanks to whoever brought Nahjo/Paaweelr priests thru and blessed most of em :)

• Like 1

Been through Orient Express and can confirm all lamps are blessed and lit. Thanks to those that passed through and blessed lamps free of charge much to the benefit of the community. 

• Like 2

Not a tunnel but the lamps in Crystal Canal are blessed. I'll Work on adding some to the bridge and the other side.

On 2/14/2017 at 7:25 AM, LordLouis said:

Lamps on pavement can be blessed and relit and do work. Does anyone know if lamps planted in mines before reinforcing will work if blessed after the floor is reinforced?

1 hour ago, Kelody said:

Not a tunnel but the lamps in Crystal Canal are blessed. I'll Work on adding some to the bridge and the other side.

Lamps on pavement can be blessed and relit and do work. Does anyone know if lamps planted in mines before reinforcing will work if blessed after the floor is reinforced?

Yes, I've blessed a few in our mines that were planted by players from long ago.  I reinforced, blessed and lit, and to my knowledge they are still lit.

• Like 1

Just before Skyefox and I went on an RL holiday 10 days ago, Skyefox brought her priest alt up and Blessed all the Street Lamps in the Bay Hill Cave Canal (north center Indy, connecting the Inner Sea and Samling Fjord).

I also planted fresh 60 QL "approach navigation street lamps" on the outside at both the East and West ends of this Cave Canal and they too have been Blessed.

She also Blessed the Bay View Hwy to Coast Tunnel and surface lamps leading to this road tunnel from the West Coast Highway.

Something to consider.  Blessed lamps on the surface are taking Decay Damage!!!! ... at roughly 1.85% per week.

So when you use a Canal or Cave Canal or Highway Tunnel, please consider pausing and repairing these Street Lamps to help them last longer.

They may auto on and off, but they do not auto repair :( 

Food for thought and my personal thanks to all the volunteers who have been a part of Cave Canal street lamp Blessing project.

Cheers!

Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
spelling and grammer correction
  • Like 1

FYI to those who do not know. You can Imp lit street lights. I did not know that until recently. So if you see any that are getting low ql, or maybe you have the ability to make them better. Why not. Good for skill, good for the community. 

• Like 2

Amendment to my previous.  We did not know when we did Bay Hill Cave Canal lamps that lamps had to be on reinforced floor.  They have since gone out.  So this Cave Canal has lamps in it, but there is a need for roughly 10 to 15 sections of reinforcing, .... sigh... and then they will have to be reblessed.

Food for thought!

Cheers!

Hughmongus