Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Problem with with charming animals

I've got a deed owned by my main, and all my alts, including my Fo alt, have permissions to do anything on deed. They have individual permissions, and are also members of the village, and village permissions are set the same. According to all permissions, any of my priests should be able to tame/charm/dominate, as well as cast deity spells. What really confuses me is that it was working just a little while ago. I used my Fo priest to charm a champion crocodile. About an hour later, I tried to charm a champion cave bug and I couldn't. It said that would be very bad for my karma and was disallowed on the server. I hadn't changed my permissions at all. I checked, and they were still all the same. I tried with other animals, and I can't charm any of them now, but I don't get what's changed or how to change it back. All I did on my main was feed some animals and do some farming; there's no way that should have magically changed the permissions, and even if it did, I checked and all the same boxes are ticked that were ticked when I charmed the crocodile. All of my animals are branded, the crocodile is now untamed, I had enough favour and permission to manage all animals on deed. The Fo alt can still do other spells like Genesis. I've tried reclogging and ticking some other boxes in the permissions just in case they needed to reset, but nothing is working. How on earth am I supposed to change whatever it is back so that my Fo can charm again?

were you able to charm the cave bug off deed? is the cave bug branded? is the crocodile branded?

if yes.

are the permissions set for the cave bug the same as they are for the crocodile? (manage animal)

I didn't try with the cave bug off deed, but the cave bug and crocodile are both branded and both have the same permissions (my alt is ticked in all the boxes, manage, ride, etc.). Plus now it won't even let me charm that same crocodile again - I tried - or any of the other animals on my deed.

If you're still getting the "bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server" message, I think that exclusively refers to problems with deed permissions. Can you do normal taming, or does that result in the same message?

It's bizarre, so it turns out I was wrong and the crocodile I could charm wasn't branded, and unbranding the animals seems to let me charm them, but I shouldn't need to do that, should I? If I have permissions set so that my alts can tame, charm, use deity spells, etc., right? There was also this strange thing where I tried to charm one of my branded tortoises and it let me do the spell (though it didn't succeed because the tortoise attacked me). I logged on my main as well to attack the tortoise so I could charm it, and suddenly it was bad for my karma and I couldn't do it. Seems a bit inconsistent, but unbranding my animals is working for now, though it is annoying I need to do that...