Sign in to follow this  
sandokhan

Why is the winter shorter [again]

Only 4 days of winter. I think it's made even 1 day shorter. Why is that...

Yesterday it was very well winter textures still on the servers and snow was sadly no more possible to collect.

Checked on Xanadu, Deliverance, Celebration and Pristine.

slightly more annoying the winter texture do not coincide with the ingame winter (ie. when hives goes dormant / snow can be harvested). If a change was to be made, that would be there.

*slightly poke devs with a melted snowball*

Textures snow and dormant hives are world time based, Snow and dormant hives textures are temperature based.

Whoops! got it backwards

Asking developers over and over again: make the winter longer because its a matter of balance compared with the other seasons that last much longer. And not prefering certain people that whining about it while they can adjust just their monitor.

• Like 2

^^Yes, please! Even seasons, because summer is the longest, and the ugliest. 

• Like 1

I completely disagree with this (of an explorer's standpoint). Exploration isn't possible when a lot of stone-based roads mask themselves with the terrain, making navigation on horseback impossible (for me).

I want to be able to see where I'm going (in relation to a mapdump). So I like how Winter is the shortest. I don't have to wait that long.

Edited by Benie
  • Like 1

Years ago, everyone complained about the long winters (even seasons back then), so they made the winters shorter.

This last winter seems to only have had 3 days when snowballs could be collected.

On 2/9/2017 at 8:47 AM, Retrograde said:

Textures snow and dormant hives are world time based, Snow and dormant hives textures are temperature based.

Whoops! got it backwards

Wait, we have temperature as related to weather?  Checked wurmpedia but not able to find anything about that :huh:

Sorry if it's a joke that went right over my head.  Just curious as temp would be interesting.

Everything is fine the way it is. No change needed!