Sign in to follow this  
Valanthe1990

Animals moving trough fences

I just made a pen of wooden fence yesterday before login off and shutting down my server for the night. I'm running a local on my own pc. When i logged in today, the 2 horses i put in the pen was walking around outside the fenced area... The pen is 3x3 tiles. A'm i doing something wrong or is it a bug? I've googled the problem but the newest post i could find is from 2015... 

Hhhmm, wondering if that shuts the server down properly or just kills it.

Can you in the console that it is doing a shut down prodedure? I cant remember what it does, i am at work somhave no acces to my logs.

yes it has a shot down procedure... it shots down the server the way it should be shot down... 

Bigsteve is right. Shutting down with ctrl-c or closing the console window will not properly save everything. It will do an emergency shutdown cleanly by finishing current transactions but it will not do any of the "polled" saves.

Chances are that this is your problem, to shut down your server you should probably do it in-game (maybe the WU UI shuts down cleanly too, not sure, I always run headless).

1 hour ago, Friya said:

Bigsteve is right. Shutting down with ctrl-c or closing the console window will not properly save everything. It will do an emergency shutdown cleanly by finishing current transactions but it will not do any of the "polled" saves.

Chances are that this is your problem, to shut down your server you should probably do it in-game (maybe the WU UI shuts down cleanly too, not sure, I always run headless).

I use the server manager to shut the server downn.. ?? not quite sure what you mean.. i assume that the manager shuts down the server proberly... it has a button that says shutdown server. not using X buttons or other shortcuts..  

it does sound like the creature positions are not properly saving them on the tiles inside the fence, so when you start the server again the positions that are saved are outside of the fence. Are you using any mods?

i didn't at that time... found out it was only a problem with the horses i used to drag my cart... i started a new server using the dedicated server thing from steam, and haven't had any problems on the dedicated... well until today where i suddenly can't start it, but thats a new problem... 

I recently restarted my server using the X to shut it down and I have horses outside of my fence.  This never happened before until recently.  Sounds like a minor bug here.  Nothing major but worth looking into for sure.

41 minutes ago, Moha said:

I recently restarted my server using the X to shut it down and I have horses outside of my fence.  This never happened before until recently.  Sounds like a minor bug here.  Nothing major but worth looking into for sure.

Moha, you cannot use the X in the upper corner to shut it down or it will not save the most recent  information, including the location of the horses. 

You have to use the Shutdown Server button and wait for it to shut down and properly save all information. It will then close the window by itself.

When Steve asks whether someone used  the X in the upper corner, he means to avoid using that X to shut it down.  

UFhFlKw.png

Edited by Brash_Endeavors