Sign in to follow this  
Belgrim

[Done] Lockpicking off-deed BSBs

This wiki page:  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Lockpicking

Clearly states:

Lockpicking on Freedom

Note : It is expressly against the Freedom rules to pick the lock of anything that you do not own. 
 However, none of these rules or limitation are applicable to Chaos

However, I just watched a CA in Independence CA help claim that she took an off deed BSB, moved it on deed, then had a mayor lockpick it successfully.  If this is not against the rules, please update the wiki to reflect that so it's not just those *in the know* taking advantage of a rule that is not properly published. 

Thanks,

B

Report that to a GM via in game ticket and provide the logs. Its against the rules to lock pick anything you do not own.

EDIT: After some testing there might be a way for that to have been possible, but we're rather looking at a bug than a valid change for Wurmpedia there.

Edited by Yldrania

You cannot lockpick things you do not own on Freedom. Chances are the CA was explaining a time that they did it on Epic/Chaos.

This was in regards to how to remove the lock from a BSB where the key had been lost in CA Help on Indy. 

The best suggestion was to find the "planter / owner" and have them transfer ownership or otherwise replace the lock. 

The comment about moving a BSB and lock-picking it on deed seemed to imply it was on freedom, but looking back on the logs, it wasn't explicit, so could be open to interpretation.  (maybe CA came in late on the conversation etc)

I think the Wiki article is pretty clear, it was clear enough to concern me.  Not sure if there's any place for checking "is this still true" kind of thing, but it could be handy.  The page hasn't been updated since 2015, but "securing" was added recently and seems very related so some possible room for confusion there. 

thanks,

B