Sign in to follow this  
Nienori

Horse Age Stages

Hi.  The current age stage setup for horses is a little confusing.  Instead of:

Young, Adolescent, Young, Adolescent, Mature, Aged, Old, Venerable (bold is not a typo, they repeat)

can we have something like:

Foal, Young, Yearling, Adolescent, Mature, Aged, Old, Venerable (bold is changed name of stage)

Only the name would have to change, everything else can stay the same.  Thank you for your consideration!

To be honest I don't see the issue. You have Young Foal, Adolescent Foal, then Young Horse, Adolescent Horse, etc. It's not really much of an issue as you can clearly see which one it is by its size. 

I also kind of like the way it's done, so from me that's unfortunately a -1. :) 

• Like 1

Yes please had to have someone explain the difference because I swear I was seeing things. +3

• Like 1

If it's done for one animal, it should be done for all.

For example, there are calves and lambs but not foals?

+1 for consistency, I'm all for it.

Edited by Joelle
  • Like 1

or you can use granger and record the birth date for each horse, then you will know when they are ready for breeding/riding

• Like 1

foal fat strongman

makes no sense.  it's fine as is honestly i've never had a problem and i've been breeding horses for like 7 years now.  the age "repeat" is because they're different animals

• Like 1

Thank you all for the input, especially as considerate as it has all been.

I do keep track of my horses' ages, and I personally understand the stages, but thought the rename would make it easier for newer players. For instance, you read in the wiki that adolescent horses can be bred, but you go and try it, and you're not able to--because the adolescent is actually an adolescent foal (the foal part is not explicitly stated in game).  How many CA's have to answer this question, how many times?  Yes, it's something that can be learned and adapted to, but I also think it would be an easy fix for new players to make it more intuitive and less something that needs to be learned and explained.