And once again nothing about WU, i think you are just stringing us along, oh well maybe christmas 2020 lol 

6 hours ago, Ayes said:

Most players don't have a priest so this option will be unavailable to them unless they ask for another's help. For the more independent self-reliant player this is a bit unsettling. Pleaseee, pleaseee come bless all my lamps that I have placed around my local area, Naw, not gonna happen. This solution involving priest exclusivity only benefits those who have them or are their "friends", thus a disappointing implementation of this concept.

=Ayes=

Making it a high level meditation skill could be an option...  It would be nice to have a low level skills (before refresh), but this seems like it would be a higher level skill.

- Beretel

7 hours ago, Ayes said:

Most players don't have a priest so this option will be unavailable to them unless they ask for another's help. For the more independent self-reliant player this is a bit unsettling. Pleaseee, pleaseee come bless all my lamps that I have placed around my local area, Naw, not gonna happen. This solution involving priest exclusivity only benefits those who have them or are their "friends", thus a disappointing implementation of this concept.

=Ayes=

All you have to do is pray and get faith up to 30 and then you can temp go priest and do all the bless's you want.  Then stop.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Beretel said:

Making it a high level meditation skill could be an option...  It would be nice to have a low level skills (before refresh), but this seems like it would be a higher level skill.

- Beretel

&%$*(& the notion it being a meditation skill.... if you want it accessible to all via karma expense... not the "light all within 25 tiles" thing.

I started to read the bit about the off deed lamps and I was literally running around the room and jumping up and down with joy. 

But then I got to the next bit and realized that not for tunnels and my heart sank. It's actually tunnels that I need this feature for the most! Above land, traveling along roads is no biggie in the dark, but pitch black "wild tile" tunnels are a death trap with creepy crawlies lurking within. 

I have a situation right now where I have a mountaintop deed (some may remember that video I did about it) that I've been paying for for over a year now but haven't done anything with it yet. Reason being is that I'd like to create a community for roleplayers up there, but I can't expect people to want to live there long if they have to travel up and down the mountain in the darkness. (it's about a 10 minute walk btw!) So there the deed sits, unused yet paid for, month after month. If we'd have gotten lamps for tunnels, I think I'd have felt finally comfortable to get the project started. 

I'm still super happy about this feature regardless mind you! So thank you for that!

As for using priests and using the bless spell? BRILLIANT! I love the fact that I'm getting more use out of my priest and although she's pretty high level, I appreciate that it's using a low level spells as it will be a great joy to a lot of the younger priests out there who might feel demotivated from not being able to do much anything useful at a low level.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Tallios said:

&%$*(& the notion it being a meditation skill.... if you want it accessible to all via karma expense... not the "light all within 25 tiles" thing.

Thats genuinely not a bad idea, especially given that not many use their karma.

So do bridges count as paved tiles, because the lights on those long bridges acting the same as highway lamps would be great.

Edit: If balanced right the bless for karma might give more players access to the transmutation fluids as well.

Edited by Trooper

12 minutes ago, Trooper said:

Thats genuinely not a bad idea, especially given that not many use their karma.

So do bridges count as paved tiles, because the lights on those long bridges acting the same as highway lamps would be great.

What about reinforced tiles in caves?

Just to clarify, we are looking at making it work in tunnels, but don't forget, they need to be lit all the time! So there's a difference in mechanics there that we are currently looking at, and how it would impact non tunnel caves too.

It's likely it will come to reinforced cave tiles, so don't fret!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Just to clarify, we are looking at making it work in tunnels, but don't forget, they need to be lit all the time! So there's a difference in mechanics there that we are currently looking at, and how it would impact non tunnel caves too.

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but do you mean that if this feature would be in a tunnel, they would have to be lit with a steel and flint as you go along or that they'd be lit endlessly and are we sure that we want that? 

And something that wasn't so clear to me either is whether this new feature affects the decay of the lamps or not. Or does it just make the lamps forever fuel filled?

From my perspective (considering my tunnel predicament), the main problem is the lamps decaying actually. Fuel comes second and lighting is only an annoyance but still manageable. Fueling and lighting lamps is no biggie regardless of level since everyone can do those things, but lamp decay is a much more tedious and problematic issue since the effect of their decay can't be remedied on the spot. Instead they need to be gathered, and hauled to a forge for heating up, improving with hot iron etc. Then have to be replanted etc etc. What a hassle.

Edited by Malena

I love the lamp idea (and as a big miner, certainly I look forward to them in tunnels too) and the alchemists cupboard sounds cool too :)

It sure would be nice if people could praise the devs once in a while instead of just 6itching at them every single solitary time they come out with an update.

They work hard on this stuff, and regardless of what some of you seem to think, I kinda suspect that they don't pick their improvements and ideas on what will particularly irritate group 'x'

I learned about 45 years ago that praise with a suggestion to improve was lots nicer than a slam...

Maybe you could try  "Wow, this sounds pretty cool, is there any chance it could be improved/extended by _____"

as opposed to the all too common "wow, the devs screwed us (insert group here) again... they never listen!"

*climbing off my soap box*

Anyway,  Thanks devs!  This sounds pretty cool!  I love the fact that you are planning to eventually extend the blessed lamps to the mines once you spend countless hours trying to figure out how to best make it work!

• Like 3

I think the lamp thing is great but i worry that it will not be used in moderation and many people will take it upon themselves to light every goat trail in wurm.

1 hour ago, Malena said:

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but do you mean that if this feature would be in a tunnel, they would have to be lit with a steel and flint as you go along or that they'd be lit endlessly and are we sure that we want that?

And something that wasn't so clear to me either is whether this new feature affects the decay of the lamps or not. Or does it just make the lamps forever fuel filled?

I'm saying outside they have to autolight at night, and in a cave they are always lit, which is two different things.

Lamps can be imped on the spot when lit, when they're lit they automatically go "glowing" and can be imped like any other item, they don't need to be in a forge! (though you'll need to keep some iron glowing for it)

Very excited at the prospect of an alchemical cupboard! I feel like similar things have been suggested in the past. Blessing of off-deed lamps will definitely be an improvement, hopefully both above and below ground.

And of course, thanks for using my screenshot. It's nice to have a great deed to come home to!

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

I'm saying outside they have to autolight at night, and in a cave they are always lit, which is two different things.

Lamps can be imped on the spot when lit, when they're lit they automatically go "glowing" and can be imped like any other item, they don't need to be in a forge! (though you'll need to keep some iron glowing for it)

Thanks for clarifying :). If they are always lit in tunnels non-stop, I don't see that as a problem at all, on the contrary that would be great.

And I never knew that you could imp them on the spot! All this time I've been dragging them to a forge, not realizing that they're glowing due to being lit. Doh! That's awesome that they're made this way, so much more manageable! 

Oh and I since there was way too much work with keeping all the lamps lighten up, changed them all to Runed Statues. U put that update to lamps to late :D. Alchemist cupboard is great addition but since it will still have some sort of decay it's still better to really keep those paints in racks in sealed barrels. Fighting animations will be great anyway even tho my pc is kinda crapy so i have them turned off :D.

good work as ever guys, we appreciate all that is being done on the development side to improve the game and attract more players to help Wurm Online reach its true potential. Thank you.

8 hours ago, Tallios said:

All you have to do is pray and get faith up to 30 and then you can temp go priest and do all the bless's you want.  Then stop.

this ^............ really simple solution for any prem toon all you have to do to revert back from a priest is go unfaithful and play as usual once your done.

p.s any chance of getting courier back for wells and fountains like I'm told they were once for the auto fill? every smith would love you forever :D:ph34r:

• Like 1

Many moons ago in a forgotten wurm land mine lamps were perma lit deed or not, when it was changed it was never suggested that it was a problem only that it was 'unintended'

If there was in fact no issue other than intentions then there should be no issue just reversing that change, i mean, does anyoneone really care that all mines would be lit indiscriminately? I sure wouldnt especially since caves were made pitch black after that...

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Many moons ago in a forgotten wurm land mine lamps were perma lit deed or not, when it was changed it was never suggested that it was a problem only that it was 'unintended'

If there was in fact no issue other than intentions then there should be no issue just reversing that change, i mean, does anyoneone really care that all mines would be lit indiscriminately? I sure wouldnt especially since caves were made pitch black after that...

Yes, Yes YES! .. please could we have our ever lit lamps in caves back.

Frankly refilling and relighting most lamps in kinoss canal every bloody week is getting very old.

• Like 1

Its true about blessing, it shouldn't be a priest only thingy I think any follower should be able to ask for his/her deity blessing, and whether he/she receives it is another question ofr the gods... just my thoughts. maybe priest get a better chance of fulfilling the request for blessing..

On 2/3/2017 at 9:16 AM, Retrograde said:

There's some ideas for tunnels, but nothing is set in stone yet,

I see what you did there. :P

Seriously, I'm excited about recipes being shared (I still haven't figured out what to kill to get the salad recipe) and the prospect of having blessed lamps around (especially since olive oil decays, even in the huge oil barrel). 

On 2/3/2017 at 0:07 PM, Ayes said:

=Ayes=

I was thinking this myself. I don't have alts, and due to priest restrictions, I can never priest. But now we have Transmutation liquids that require priests or begging a friend to do it...and we're going to have auto-lighting lamps now that require it. Are they going to just remove bless from the priest only restriction and make it so any follower can do it? (I don't know how much it requires, but if it's something a follower could cast, it would be useful.)

As someone with 51, nearly 52 natural substances, I am kinda the person who would be making transmute liquids, but I can never make them because it would require trying to find a local priest...and now you're saying I can never light any roads I make without going along lighting them myself...because you're putting up barriers to my doing so.

I'm unsure how these help anyone but someone who creates alts. As most of us know on this game, a lot of the 'population' is actually just a normal player with a couple alts. Is this just more attempts to pad the numbers?

I've been saying for awhile that they should remove priest restrictions...but that it would cause a MASSIVE uproar amongst the people who worked on their priests...'But I did all this work on it, so I SHOULD be getting benefits others can't!'

Are we trying to be inclusive or exclusive?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Corsan said:

I was thinking this myself. I don't have alts, and due to priest restrictions, I can never priest. But now we have Transmutation liquids that require priests or begging a friend to do it...and we're going to have auto-lighting lamps now that require it.

There ya go. That's my point. For the smaller portion of the Wurm population who have priests this blessing of lamps is great, so it's not surprising that they would comment positively on it. The thing is, it excludes the vast majority of players from having the ability to create this benefit. So for them it is really useless because it is based upon priest exclusivity, which is a point I brought up in the past when players with priest characters were petitioning for it.

Now we see here the results. Just some new "benefit" to ignore I guess. *shrugs*

=Ayes=