Sign in to follow this  
belthize

Hyper mouse sensitivity

I seriously doubt anybody will be able to help but I'll take a stab.

I'm fiddling around with running Wurm on an GPU accelerated Amazon EC2 instance running Windows and connecting from a Linux box over VNC.  It all basically works except the mouse look is just hyper sensitive in game.  And not from a 'too fast response' perspective but from a 'jump in random directions' perspective.

The mouse works just fine when accessing menus, it's only in mouse look mode that it flakes out.  The cursor moves at the rate I'd expect but the view just jumps around randomly. Setting sensitivity has no effect.  So anybody have any guesses as to what within the maze of AWS generic mouse driver + VNC + linux display host + wurm could contribute to this.

Edited by belthize

VNC, TeamViewer and all the other don't simulate a normal mouse behavior. It can be compared to a touch screen behavior, which is different from normal "physical" mouse behavior. OpenGL seems to have a problem with that, as it can not interpret the gestures properly, so for now you can't play wurm via VNC, TeamViewer or any other software and also not via touchscreen. At least as long as you want to use your mouse to move around.

Haven't really found a solution for this but also haven't looked into this in detail. Maybe there is a remote control software out there which simulates the mouse behavior on the remote host differently.

Edited by Sklo:D

Hrrm, well that at least gives me a line of attack.  Thanks Sklo.

There's enough merit in this that I'll keep digging.  It works well enough to do semi-stationary things like mining and then using keyboard look up/down/rotate but yeah, regular game play with navigation is pretty brutal.

Try the following console command:

sensitivity <0-10> 

Changes mouse sensitivity to the given value. Note that this only changes the sensitivity when looking around.

5 hours ago, belthize said:

Setting sensitivity has no effect. 

Yeah, tried that, the problem is lower level than that.  Bit of a shame, it's a handy way to run. 

This issue is evident even in normal day to day play on a normal windows client. It is possibly the most aggravating thing about playing wurm, being swung around and thrown off view, like i left my mouse out in the highway.

I hope this can be solved, such an old issue...

Unless you're playing with a network viewing client your issue is unrelated Marlon