Sign in to follow this  
shankiest

Chaos loot corpse mechanic

Should have same mechanic as epic. If enemy is certain tiles close to the corpse it can't be looted. 

There should be an emphasis on winning the fight and not everyone suddenly spamming take when someone dies.

Radius should be like a 5x5.

Edit: as for dying near a deed/hop it could be do a radius check of 9x9. If close to a deed it negates the mechanic and allows free for all. If its9x9 or more thats 2 tiles or more allowing either side push enemy out allowing 5x5 to work.

edit: read the posts the mechanic is being discussed and tweaked

Edited by shankiest
  • Like 4

needs a line of sight check, I remember when x___ horse died and x___ sat behind a hop waiting for the guy to leave, forcing rare gear to be left behind.
If you can't grab the loot, then your radius doesn't count. 

I think this discourages PvP, not helps it, sorry.

I also think, due to things like looting dead horses, that this is alot of trouble on the part of the devs to appease a few diehard PvPers.

The whole point of this server is for PvP. If it discourages those that clearly only want gear they shouldn't be here. We shouldn't reward people for spamming take and then a res work. Thats why the mechanic happened on epic.

The fact if someone died and if they have good loot makes people commit to the fight to get it.

This only discourages the people who already are afraid commit to anything. We shouldn't punish those who commit to a fight to save each other.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

I think this discourages PvP, not helps it, sorry.

I also think, due to things like looting dead horses, that this is alot of trouble on the part of the devs to appease a few diehard PvPers.

As well the way it works now it discourages drake/scale to be used. Why should they risk it when one side brings worthless gear knowing they just plan spam take and pray a res works. 

6 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

-1 Chaos is not Epic

Enjoy your rules over on Epic

Oh joy, a carebear PvE-er -1ing a suggestion because he wants to while completing avoiding any attempt at debate or argument.

Edited by Propheteer

7 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

-1 Chaos is not Epic

Enjoy your rules over on Epic

Do you want debate how this mechanic is bad or good. I don't understand how your post proved anything.

Edit: I don't recall chaos being epic, as well saying chaos should be like epic.

Edit: your post reminds me of peoples argument about way country works. If some people want universal health care they are argued with "this isn't communism this is free market."

Somehow nullifying that people should not have one perk because it resembles something else.

Edited by shankiest

Why debate this again? 

This the 2nd or 3rd time this suggestion has been made?

Just as well make another merge epic post while you are at it.

2 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Why debate this again? 

I have not made one yet though. Like wise words of that mar guy. Don't go assuming thing.

Edit: how about you link me where you debated the mechanic? Did you even do that or just say same useless post?

Edited by shankiest

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

Why debate this again? 

2nd or 3rd time youre still shitposting here, plus we removed a tumor from chaos that downvoted every suggestion that would impact them being cancer, so, ye, theyre gone.

if someone can explain to me how this mechanic is horrible I have no problem admiting it.

Here I will provide you with one flaw.

The mechanic can snowball for bigger kingdoms/backdoor kingdoms. Now if two kingdoms were fighting the third just haves wait till most are dead then swoop in for cleanup. All loot be there since mechanic prevents it and the two that risked going all out are ###### and get nothing.

Backdoors like this have yet happen since I been here but thats a possibility.

Edit:yet a low chance even then since most fights don't stop moving and most likely a couple bodies would eventually get far away providing some loot.

Edited by shankiest

If you want more loot, an easier suggestion would be to remove res stones from the game.  Just saying.

• Like 1

seems like a overly snowbally mechanic to me, but haven't used it.

Epic loot code worked great.

It allowed people to focus on the fight first and foremost.

I'm uk so I'll grab all the loot. idc. Americans disadvantage themselves by -1. 

But then again they shout and scream in alliance comms to pickup corpse. You have a 50% chance of a rezstone and now Freedomers want Another chance without winning a fight to save a corpse. 

If you -1 this you're doing so for self interest on securing back your loot or loot you obtained and want to run away with. 
Trust me, this does not disencorage fights at all, infact, fights were created over holding ground over a corpse oppose to running away 

How many people who -1 used epic loot code? 

Edited by _Teal_

1 hour ago, _Teal_ said:

If you -1 this you're doing so for self interest on securing back your loot or loot you obtained and want to run away with.

If you +1 this, you're a loot goblin playing for a single kingdom on Chaos.

So to confirm, you haven't tried the loot code from Epic?

Because if you had, you'd understand it's Harder / More Fair to get loot, encourages pvp/longer fights but it isn't snag and grab, like it is on Chaos. You are literally supporting "loot goblins"

When you say Loot Goblin i picture a little sneaky creature sneaking into battle picking up loot whilst the warriors fight...Yeah, current mechanics mate, argue otherwise.

To reassure you're mentality on this, Wargasm, because I understand it perfectly, [you think you'll lose items more] you're likely to keep loot at your hops than you currently are atm, since they'd have to somehow be able to push you away from your hop, but open field fights will also mean more commitment than snag and runs. Overall, if you're kingdom has your back [not ping] you will likely keep loot at hops and secure loot you win at victories without finding out some guy focused on grabbing corpses, not fighting.

The chance of you getting loot from an enemy is less than 50% when you consider the chance of you picking up the corpse.

It's literally cancer.

If you think this is bad, the door leading away from PVP is over there, please don't slam on way out. 

Edited by _Teal_

5 hours ago, Wargasm said:

If you want more loot, an easier suggestion would be to remove res stones from the game.  Just saying.

Difference is everyone can acquire a res stone. Not everyone has the best connection to the server, the fact someone closer to the servers has am advantage to loot a corpse isn't helping the game. 

I would say remove res stones be honest, as well drake/scale trash items imo that somewhat ruin pvp.

As for snowball effect that is pretty much going happen with every mechanic because we don't have enough player base where each kingdom can easily arrive with 30 to hota. The bigger kingdom has more people spamming take and most likely more people with best connection to server. everything can be snowballed in a sense, even sotg there was a time MRE had 3 active sotg accounts and got so dominant more joined to a point where 10 sotg accounts roamed hota every time.

Could argue same with moonmetal from hota, if one kingdom starts getting so many wins they out compete the enemy in gear and eventually the weaker kingdom just can't compete while bigger kingdom continues stack up from hota wins.

Drake/scale that ###### snowsballs so hard, the fact when crusaders are so tough kill because everyone is in drake is crazy, great he is dehorsed well good luck chasing him while 9 others whack you and he outruns you.

This game is breeding grounds for snowball effects because we don't have a population that can spread it out. Its harder for 1 kingdom snowball when there could be 4 more kingdoms just barely smaller and can destroy the bigger group.

• Like 1

You whine when people show up to pvp in plate, waaaaaaah, they don't have good loots, when they do show up you can flip over for cash, you want to ensure there is no possible way for them to escape, sounds like you are not interested in a mechanic to make the game more appealing to anyone other than yourself.

If you like it so much, go play on epic.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Its not really for more loot, its to make the game more about the fight than the "let me suicide in ###### tier gear so i can hope i hit take fast enough for some rare horsegear"

if anything it prevents lootwhoring.

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

You whine when people show up to pvp in plate, waaaaaaah, they don't have good loots, when they do show up you can flip over for cash, you want to ensure there is no possible way for them to escape, sounds like you are not interested in a mechanic to make the game more appealing to anyone other than yourself.

If you like it so much, go play on epic.

I don't think this post, or any further post in this thread made by you or any suggestion relating to PvP warrants any further replies. Your ignorance is obvious, you are clearly blatantly trolling, and even if you weren't, you are new to a PvP server at best, you have no desire to PvP in this game, and you live on a PvE server. You are just being an ###### really, trying to prevent positive change because you don't like the PvP playstyle. Reminds me of the original Protunia.

Have fun in your echo chamber.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

I think the idea is interesting but I have to agree I do not think it is fair on Chaos. Keep in mind I have only been playing for around 3 months, I do no have a $800+ pvp character nor do I plan on buying one... If people do spend real money for accounts that have been around for a while I do not hold ill will or the like, it is their choice and their money. With all that out of the way my understanding is that on Epic you gain skills faster which allows normal people with jobs and real life commitments to hold at least somewhat their own against accounts that have been around for months or years. They may not able to 1v1 but at least not be owned in the matter of a few seconds. On Chaos/Freedom things take a lot more time. Someone such as myself whose account is fresh can not stand a chance against an account that has been around for a few years, has passed multiple owners, and is worth $800+. If this rule was to be used on Chaos then only people that drop hundreds if not thousands of dollars/euros of real life money would EVER get loot especially when those people are traveling in packs of 3-7 looking to run down/heckling those with fresh/weak accounts to come out and fight. Based on what I understand about Wurm/Chaos which isn't a whole lotI admit; bought/those in the game for multiple years are going to win the fight every time. If it is 1v7 and the 1 person has a good bought pvp account and the 7 are fresher characters... the 1 person is going to win. If it is 7v3 and the 3 are people are bought good pvp accounts and the 7 are 3 okay accounts and 4 fresh accounts the 3 bought pvp accounts are more than likely going to win. If it is 7v7 with 7 are bought good pvp accounts and 7 are okay accounts, unless the 7 bought accounts do something massively freaking stupid they are going to win. Wurm is a small game, if you are on chaos you know which accounts are strong by the name within a few days/weeks of playing. By that name you know if you have any chance to win. If you know you have 0 chance to win you are going to hide on deed to defend it and hope for backup to see the call and login/enemies moms to tell them to go to bed. As it is even if I am massively weak and I get caught out roaming with a buddy there is a chance if I die my buddy might be able to grab my stuff and get out. With the Epic rule there is 0 chance that you're buddy will be able to get your things in that situation or any situation where you are out numbered/at caught randomly by a strong account. It would force people and their 10 closest friend each drop a few hundred dollars on accounts. Forcing people to spend real life money to ensure they get to keep there stuff a % of a time is just plain bad. I understand how it could work on Epic, what I understand about how things work there it is a good idea, but not on Chaos unless you are going to try to force people to spend hundreds of dollars to be on the server. Personally I have 0 desire to spend that type of money on something digital... $40s? $60? even $100 maybe... the gods know I have spent more on simple amusements that I have only used once or twice. I rather spend $300-$1,000 on booze, women, and lottery tickets than something digital that I can not touch, feel, or molest. I think one of the major problems with Chaos is that people feel the need to pay to win, drop money to buy accounts to be on the server. So instead they play on Freedom and think to themselves maybe in a few years I might be able to go and explore that side of the game, but instead of ever getting their they get bored/real life happens and they have to take a long break/quit all together. Either way I think from my own experience/talking with others that this maybe some of the reason why Chaos has much lower population/activity than Freedom. Enforcing the Epic rule would just make the whole situation much worse in my opinion. If I am wrong on any of the above please point it out. I know that is a bit long and drawn out but those are my reasons I say no. It is 4am so forgive misspelling/grammar I might edit it tomorrow (today) at work if I feel like it isn't readable. *shakes fist* Sleep why do you allude me.

Launce~

This loot code has so many problems with it its not even funny. 1 person staying alive long enough to block looting so his friends can karma their corpses home, people blocking corpse looting while in mines(while the corpses are outside of the mine), and behind doors and ######, inability to catch someone out dehorse them and get their horse gear because they just stand on top of it knowing they have a zerg coming behind them. Having to leave behind corpses in boat pvp because you can't pick them up and chase the boat at the same time

no thanks, keep that zerg friendly unrefined code on epic and let it die with the cluster

• Like 3

-1 if you want that style go revive epic. Chaos does not need it and like platinum said it has been very exploitive which would be done for sure. 

• Like 2