Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Any interest?

Is there any interest in detailed guides? writeups? explaining the PvP and Conquest mechanics?

Things like DR stacking, CR modifiers, Tower/Deed blocking, Basic PvP deed design principles, why use x over y, things of that nature.

I know the game is majorly PvE these days, but, id imagine itd be of benefit to WU players too. I ask around, but the people i know already know these things so the conversation usually goes to me wasting my time. I've tried to do QnA things in the past related to these subjects and got hardly any questions.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 7

Issue is more of it being accessible, without bumping the thread everyday it will eventually get lost like postes.

I always like read how people think/decide things during pvp so you will have atleast one reader.

Or could do scenarios and commentate over the video what you think be the best decision.

5 minutes ago, shankiest said:

Issue is more of it being accessible, without bumping the thread everyday it will eventually get lost like postes.

I always like read how people think/decide things during pvp so you will have atleast one reader.

Or could do scenarios and commentate over the video what you think be the best decision.

I could commentate over videos with what i would do, but i think that would apply more for general strategy more than mechanics.

A completely serious answer, "I would love to read anything about Wurm PVP that you care to share".

• Like 3

I think it would be a good idea. Even better if it can be compiled in the wiki.

• Like 2

Go for it, I'd read it.  I finally figured out which end was the pointy end.

Put a bit in about: What to do when somebody knocks on your gates with a dragon.

Apparently, "Bury your head in the sand and hope it goes away" is the wrong answer.

• Like 1

If a few get interested it would be good to see both sides of some fights tho the likehood of folks giving up their secrets will be seen I guess?

I have yet to go to Chaos. The good gents in JK took me under their wing and I expect to be there in the next few days. My xxxx is puckered and ready for some Crusader love. 

I wish this guide was available before I went. Last night I got murdered by a hell hound because my character wouldn't attack it because I had a spider far away targeted.

And to those guys on Chaos. Please be gentle. I will make sure to carry some animal fat with me so it's not too painful and make the experience much more pleasant.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Propheteer said:

Is there any interest in detailed guides? writeups? explaining the PvP and Conquest mechanics?

Yes, especially about combat.

Edited by zigozag

Definitely a good idea. Anyone with any experience of the mechanics, do's and don'ts of PVP should also input their knowledge to create a detailed database of information.

I would also be very curious about all pvp mechanics especially fighting, weapon choice (small axe ftw) depending on situation ..etc.

Edited by faty

I would like to read/listen such guide, would be very useful.

Never enough info gathering in wurm.... id love to help with such a thing if i could, even.  My computer skill is in the 60s or 70s id guess and im constantly gaining wurm knowledge, dont know the process of making a guide though.  It is definitely true that the pedia is lacking way too much

Wurm University would like to be involved if possible.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in reading those, but please do them as a written guide rather than a video or podcast - I find watching or listening far less useful, as a written guide allows me to skip back and forward with ease as I go, to check stuff explained earlier.

• Like 2

On 2017-01-31 at 2:13 AM, faty said:

weapon choice (small axe ftw)

Heh

this sounds great! Plz teach me how to get gud, i keep getting told to but no ones telling me how!

(seriously, do this!)

• Like 4

Even a Wu player could benefit from the current PvP mechanics (yes I know there are differences) but anything is helpful.  :). Thank you in advance

I am not a PvP'er but would love to more about fighting mobs.  I also agree with Wonka... I am not a fan of videos.