Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Prospecting and analyze to show the approximate amounts

With the information you get, could the actual numbers be added in brackets behind the message please?  E.g. Instead of getting

• "poor"  or "pretty bad" you get "Poor: 20-29" 
  • "acceptable", you get "Acceptable: 30-39"
  • instead of "normal" you get "Normal: 40-59"
  • etc.

For other messages:

Instead of getting just the message, add in the numbers, e.g.

• "There is plenty of ore left", now add : (more than 10000)
  • "Only a few weeks mining remain here" but add (between 5000 and 10000)
  • "The ore is starting to deplete" and add behind this message (between 3000 and 5000)
  • "You should start to prospect for another vein of this ore" add this (between 1000 and 3000)
  • "The ore will run out soon" add (between 100 and 1000)
  • "The ore will run out any hour"  add (1-100)
  • Like 7

+1

This subtle way of telling information doesn't add anything to gameplay. You either remember these numbers from reading them on the forums or wiki some time ago, or look them up there every time when prospecting.

• Like 2

removes the incentive to grind prospecting and get these lines:

[18:22:19] You start to gather fragments of the rock.
[18:22:21] You would mine iron ore here.
[18:22:21] It has a max quality of 60.
[18:22:21] You will be able to mine here 3739 more times.

after all the exact informations are here already, you just have to put in a couple hours to grind it to the proper level.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arium said:

after all the exact informations are here already, you just have to put in a couple hours to grind it to the proper level.

I dont think you understand what the post is asking for.

So instead of being able to see it ingame, you would rather new players just hit f1 and type "wiki prospecting" and then scroll down to whatever message they get to see that it is between 1000-3000 or whatever quality range it is, instead of simply displaying it, thus making the game more complicated for newer players for no real reason.

Seems very shortsighted and halfassed, but, im still putting money on you not reading the actual thread.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Arium said:

The incentive is still there because 80 and 90 skill will still show the exact QL and amount of mining actions left, you wont get that with the 20 skill and 60 skill messages, just a widely varying estimate as now. All this suggestion would do is add the information anyone is going to find on the wiki ingame instead of using cryptic messages.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 1

+1, looking at the wurm wiki to know what is happening is irritating. There's another suggestion similar to this if interested

• Like 1

+1 would be really ez to to code to all your doing is changing the output line's should take no more then 20mins

• Like 1

4 hours ago, icbash said:

+1 would be really ez to to code to all your doing is changing the output line's should take no more then 20mins

but we run the risk of wurm getting broken

+1 for the whole concept. My only disagreement  is with the use of the brackets.  You can change the "There is plenty of ore left" to "There are more than 10 tonnes of ore there", the "You should start to prospect for another vein of this ore" with "You estimate there are less than 3 tonnes of ore left" and so on. You display the information and you don't lose immersion. In the same logic, we can change the "You will be able to mine here 3739 more times." with "There are 3739 Kg of ore left in this vein"

Of course you need to have separate texts for ores like gold that don't give 1kg per action but you only need to change the units, nothing complicated.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Madt said:

The incentive is still there because 80 and 90 skill will still show the exact QL and amount of mining actions left, you wont get that with the 20 skill and 60 skill messages, just a widely varying estimate as now. All this suggestion would do is add the information anyone is going to find on the wiki ingame instead of using cryptic messages.

you do have a point there. would be different if the information wouldnt be on wiki. but yeah i have misunderstood the intention. scrap that -1

• Like 1

+1 , the game has been out for ages, the developers need to start to think about quality of life for wurmians instead of big secrets. with WU released most of the secrets are coming out anyhow just start letting us know real info.

• Like 2

-1 90 Prospecting does give you all the information you seek. 

I just did a 21 level grind from 25-46 on my alt took a couple hours with  Fat at max and SB

If you start giving it at lower levels your defeating the purpose of a 100 point skill.  

So what do we do for the next 40 levels if we can see all this at 60?

3 hours ago, puncher said:

I just did a 21 level grind from 25-46 on my alt took a couple hours with  Fat at max and SB

If you start giving it at lower levels your defeating the purpose of a 100 point skill. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>

On 30.01.2017 at 3:23 AM, Madt said:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, puncher said:

We are asking for the same information we get from the wiki to be displayed in game.  This is generic,  It is not specific.  It shows ranges of ql and ranges of amounts left.  If you want to be specific, feel free to grind to 90, but as we all know, grinding any skill to 90 is not something anyone will do in a few hours (days, weeks or months).

To explain it better,

Current message:

"Only a few weeks mining remain here"

(between 5000 and 10000 mining actions)

Information displayed in game.

Information you'd have to find on the wiki.

Instead of 'Only a few weeks mining remain here' it'll just say something like "You estimate there are somewhere between 5000 and 10000 mining actions left until it is depleted.

QL

Current message:

[15:37:54] You would mine iron ore here.
[15:37:54] It is of acceptable quality.

Which means between 30-39 QL.

Instead of just saying 'acceptable quality' it would say exactly what it means.

[15:37:54] You would mine iron ore here.
[15:37:54] It is of acceptable quality, estimated between 30-39.

Or something like that.

• Like 3