Sign in to follow this  
Thorakkanath

[FIXED] Attaching runes on boats

It seems no matter what permissions you get, you cannot attach runes on a boat unless you are the owner

Not even when you have full permissions: manage item

Not even if you are on the same deed as the owner

This doesn't make any sense as manage permission is only given to someone that you trust implicitly, that can add or remove anyone etc. - they need to be able to attach runes too, otherwise you get in the stupid situation of needing to change boat ownership to a stranger for them to be able to rune it and then hope you get it back. This is highly risky and wurm shouldn't push people toward such behavior.

That is why is see this as not necessarily a bug, but an oversight of the current rune attaching mechanic. (thus posted in maintenance buildings)

Dunno if this is a difference in deed settings or pvp vs pve but I just attached runes today on boats that I did not own but had manage on, didn't think to try anything else since didn't need to

Oh yeah forgot to say this is PvE and neither on deed nor off deed did it allow me in any scenario (short of owning the boat)

My friend was able to attach runes to my knarr and cart with only mange or command permissions, never had to change ownership, unless this has recently been changed.

this happened 2 days ago, on Xanadu - with the person being neither in my friendslist nor an ally, just a business transaction

[15:23:27] You do not have permission to use the rune on that item.

after getting full manage permissions

on deed or off deed

with owner next to boat or 10 tiles away from the boat

this really needs some fixing please

With the help of Cerber on the test server, we have more data on this.  I'll log it as a bug, but in the meantime, if the owner is online, friend them if they are near to see if that completed the attach.

Just tried tonight, a player is able to attach a rune to a sailboat with:

- all perms (including manage), and

- on friends list.

We did not try with less. Yet. :)