Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

mail big items and request here. (updated route)

GD have been defiled by an advertisment:

GaZxMK9.jpg

Edited by Odynn

yeah we need to remove the last sentence - the ad part :P - i don't know how didn't I realize that way sooner

but don't you like the color? I think it was a very successful mix!

I was actually considering small signs because they are less obtrusive -- but my fc is not over 100...just yet :P 

and the reason for having a sign anyway is that we need to consider who is using starter deed mailboxes - mostly beginners, that - even if they would examine the mailbox and see some technical stuff that wouldn't understand it anyway (heck, I don't even understand what it does from the examine message). Basically, the work we are doing would become unnoticed due to mailboxes not appearing any different without the sign. And our names are there because...well consider that our little reward for doing this, having something written long after this thread is gone, archived or deleted :)

Plus with more people seeing it, hopefully it sparks a greater sense of community projects in wurm - cause you can put the names of the people that built or did something for the community there. That is my hope at least...

Edited by Thorakkanath
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Thorakkanath said:

Plus with more people seeing it, hopefully it sparks a greater sense of community projects in wurm - cause you can put the names of the people that built or did something for the community there. That is my hope at least...

Saddens me that your opinion of community project is having to pay for something when server based alternatives are free.

The idea is good and nice, tieing business and community project is not, specially if you are seeking to sell a service through ads.

the reason for having a sign anyway is that we need to consider who is using starter deed mailboxes - mostly beginners, that - even if they would examine the mailbox and see some technical stuff that wouldn't understand it anyway

I fail to see how the sign help any new player to learn anything except to get their runes attached by you.

Anyway, thanks to both of you though, a bunch of deeds on deli had their zinc rune of mag (see, i learned!) attached to their mailbox for free without any string attached, which is imho, the true community spirit.

On 29/01/2017 at 1:36 AM, Vortexxx said:

As we improve each mailbox at the starting deeds for new players, we are offering a free rune and a small fee to attach during our travels. details read in full to understand it all :) most  a lot of miss reads and people with selective eyes

Edit - Seeing how the post have been edited to remove some controversial elements and only let your selflessness appear, I still have to point out how you imposed your will and business choice & partnership upon the player base :

On 28/01/2017 at 5:08 AM, Vortexxx said:

I Would like to Team together with Your attachment Service And get these runes attached to our Public markets and Starting Deeds...

Installed For Public Use...

I am supplying Runes and @Thorakkanath And @Inspirawill be attaching them with their great service I knew they were the best option in my request.

From the early start you made a sham of the so called community service by not contacting server based members and involving them into what could have been a great project.

We have Enki's Go Ahead on starting to put these in every starting city across wurm

The go ahead nor your current thread indicate that you were going to drop (nor intended to keep signs on every starter deed) to promote your business - or now, namesakes to be remembered as great community members :

And our names are there because...well consider that our little reward for doing this, having something written long after this thread is gone, archived or deleted :)

The lack of choice here again between your 'help' (and its conditions) and a nameless work done by the locals / GMs is troublesome.

As for being remembered, the how, why and when is what matters and words tend to remain even after a while in a tightly knit community such as wurm.

Edited by Odynn
If everything changes, you gotta add infos.
  • Like 1

I don't have a business to promote odynn im just teaming up with their attachment service to get these runes In starting citys.

you called what Im doing a scam today. I don't see how loosing money and time can be a scam, I don't have a business to promote I don't sell runes, im giving them away, im driving to each location. if sum1 wants to buy a attachment that's in our route thor is offering a special price based on his business he already had in place.    please take your negativity to private messaged and quit hazing my thread

can a forums mod clean up these junk not related to a request ? thank you.