Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

OSX Sierra - tabbing out to other apps?

When travelling for work, I play Wurm Online on my MBP running OsX Sierra.   I prefer to play in fullscreen (non-windowed) mode because I have a small screen and the client seems to run more smoothly.

But I can't switch apps.  Command-Control-F doesn't work.  Command-Esc doesn't work.  Command-Tab doesn't work.

Suggestions?

Thank you :)

Two months later would still really love a solution for this.  The game runs best in full screen (non windowed) mode.  But I can't switch to another app. None of the keystroke combinations I find via Google work.

Another month later and still no solution. I won't play in Windowed mode.  I've tried googling every term I can think of. Any ideas on search terms for this? :-)

I'll see if I can get a client dev to advise here.

• Like 1

I don't have a Mac to test it out, but please try this:

Open the Java Control Panel, use View button in Java tab, and add to Runtime Parameters of your Java version used by Wurm this:

-Dorg.lwjgl.opengl.Display.enableOSXFullscreenModeAPI=true

tymym02.png

Should look like that when it's done. Please do let me know if it works, we could add it to the client as a permanent solution.

If that fails, you might want to use Fullscreen Windowed mode instead.

• Like 2

Thank you @Samool

Unfortunately, nothing changed.  In my Java Control Panel, there is only one line. Via copy and paste, I added it exactly.   Fired up Wurm, and nothing worked.  Couldnt open Mission Control.  Cmd-M, Cmd-Ctrl-F, Cmd-Tab, Cmd-Escape, shift- - nothing worked.

vxLozC2.png

On 05/05/2017 at 1:10 AM, Samool said:

-Dorg.lwjgl.opengl.Display.enableOSXFullscreenModeAPI=true

Wasn't that setting only a thing with the Apple distribution of Java. That has not been available for some years...

Why fullscreen-borderless isn't a solution? lower fps? turn off vsync, lower some setting..isnt that better?