Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Colossus Removal

So i am working on making two deeds (3 more like it) next to each other in Celebration. It was a set of abandoned deeds that I decided to work on to make the area nicer. However, in one of these deeds is a Colossus I rather wasn't there. I tried contacting the owner (Pinejon) in game but it seems he's never on when I am. After some attempts, I reached out to my friend who is helping me build the deed and we tried to contact him together. However, we have not been able to reach him. We are even willing to pay for the bash, but oh well.

What I am wondering, though, is what are my options? How can we make this Colossus go away? I wanted to put a Vynora one but the one already there makes everything look out of place. I initially thought I could bash it, but it seems only the owner can. Is this true? How can this Colossus be removed?

It can be destroyed/moved only by the builder.

Sadly mayor cannot do a thing. Got the same problem.

This problem where discussed already in few topics but still nothing has been changed. Even in one of the recent patches there were changes according to colosus, but probably devs were too lazy to "check" another box in his properties, allowing for mayors to manage them.

Or they just do not want to do this. Reason is unknown.

Edited by Wilczan

I'am waiting for this change almost a year, and in this time also tried to reach person who built this. No effect.

My thought would be to put a lava tile in and push the collossus onto it. Maybe that would work.

Well that's odd. I deeded recently and there was a colossus on the old spot. I was able to bash it and remove it.

There are really only 2 options:

1. Contact the creator and have them assist.
2. Disband the deed, wall in the colossus (so repairs can't be made), and put up "temporary" sheds to dissuade people from deeding there. Then, wait for the colossus to decay on it's own.

For the record, I waited for almost 2 years for a 50ql colossus that was off deed to decay.

Good luck.

I just recently used bash to destroy a colossus I did not own after I had deeded there. The colossus did have damage on it but I was able to do it. So unless It was bugged somehow for me it should work for other

people.

Mavv

8:19:16] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:19:45] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:20:08] A statue of gigantic proportions, resembling someone really noteworthy. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. The "Colossus of Shine" has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel. Ql: 77.16701, Dam: 33.83507.
[08:20:11] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:20:40] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:21:13] A statue of gigantic proportions, resembling someone really noteworthy. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. The "Colossus of Shine" has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel. Ql: 77.16701, Dam: 40.010155.
[08:21:14] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:21:43] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:23:05] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:23:07] After you finish destroying you will start destroying again.
[08:23:08] After you finish destroying you will start destroying again.
[08:23:09] After you finish destroying you will start destroying again.
[08:23:34] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:23:34] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:24:03] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:24:03] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:24:32] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:24:32] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:25:01] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:25:19] A statue of gigantic proportions, resembling someone really noteworthy. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. The "Colossus of Shine" has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel. Ql: 77.16701, Dam: 68.81607.
[08:25:21] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:25:23] After you finish destroying you will start destroying again.
[08:25:24] After you finish destroying you will start destroying again.
[08:25:51] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:25:51] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:26:20] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:26:20] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:26:49] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:27:05] A statue of gigantic proportions, resembling someone really noteworthy. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. The "Colossus of Shine" has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel. Ql: 77.16701, Dam: 83.46069.
[08:27:07] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:27:10] After you finish destroying you will start destroying again.
[08:27:36] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:27:36] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:28:05] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:28:07] A statue of gigantic proportions, resembling someone really noteworthy. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. Th

Edited by Mavv

I don't know. I will give it a try I guess. Worst that can happen is I loose a silver. I was going to pay Pinejon 15s for bashing it for me anyways lol 

I will report if it lets me or not.

Checked few times, still no bash option on it with large maul activated. Maybe it differs on epic and freedom?

@Retrogradeis anyone can confirm is this possible when you are not a builder?

Edited by Wilczan

22 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Maybe it differs on epic and freedom?

I would assume so. Anything on a PVP server is fair game to steal/destroy so I see no reason for Chaos, nor any of the Epic servers, to have such protections on colossi. 

It may be that the one you bashed has no owner anymore...... it is possible to get deleted i believe if you are super inactive

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavv said:

I just recently used bash to destroy a colossus I did not own after I had deeded there. The colossus did have damage on it but I was able to do it. So unless It was bugged somehow for me it should work for other

people.

Mavv

8:19:16] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:19:45] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:20:08] A statue of gigantic proportions, resembling someone really noteworthy. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. The "Colossus of Shine" has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel. Ql: 77.16701, Dam: 33.83507.
[08:20:11] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:20:40] You damage the "Colossus of Shine".
[08:21:13] A statue of gigantic proportions, resembling someone really noteworthy. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. The "Colossus of Shine" has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel. Ql: 77.16701, Dam: 40.010155.

First time I've seen anyone bash a rare, odd. Enjoy that island I guess.

[16:09:03] You start to destroy the "Colossus of Pinejons".

[16:09:32] The "Colossus of Pinejons" falls apart with a crash.

w00t! I bashed it dead.

Yes, confirmed. You can bash a Colossus if it is on deed. Its permission based as any other item on deed. My friend and I both bashed it consistently until it died and the mayor character was doing insane amounts of damage to it. It seems to follow normal object rules as any other item on deed, like a wall or something.

Thanks for your help guys, RIP Pinejon Colossus. Thanks Mavv, you saved me 15 silver.

@Wilczan make sure the Colossus is on deed, not perimeter and that you have permissions to destroy items/buildings (unsure which) and you should be able to bash it no problems. It will be even easier if you are the mayor of the deed.

This happened in Freedom, on the Celebration server.

• Like 2

Omg, it is working right now.

I checked this so many time in few past months and never worked.

Must have been ninjafixed in some patch.

Great!

• Like 2