Sign in to follow this  
Eleraan

Question on Stills and alcohol "aging"

I was curious if being within a house effected these as it slows decay "ticks"  is Alcohol distilled on a set rate or does it go off the decay ticks?  Same goes for the "aging" that improves the quality of alcohol.  Is it by tick and in that case slowed by Cedar barrels and being put inside a structure? 

Also, Ginger Beer doesn't seem to age.  Being a beer that kinda makes sense but none of my Mead seems to be aging either and as a wine I would expect it to age?  

Thanks for any information you can provide!

alcohol seems to be distilled as a set rate, from what I could observe and should not have anything to do with decay as far as I know. 
And the "decay" ticks for alcohols aging is now working opposite from normal decay, which means everything that reduces decay on items (sealed winde barrels, inside a house, inside a cave) is increasing the ticks for alcohol aging :)

any kind of beer doesn't seem to age, I think for some reason, mead counts as beer type atm :/ which is unfortunate, as we know it's actually wine.

Perfect. I'll keep storing them in a cave. Although I'm still going to make the barrels out of oak as Cedar seems... wrong. Thanks for the information!

Totally random thought but is it possible to cast WOA on barrels/stills to increase this rate? I highly doubt it on the barrels as there is no active thing happening but a still might be possible. Just another random thought.