Sign in to follow this  
Brew

Server settings questions

Anyone have a link or patch notes about the chaos setting in feature managemen?  I know about the chaos server online, I know about PvP and epic.  What I'm looking for are the exacts that explain all the toggle options of chaos and non chaos settings.

I have basically created our server as a chaos server manually before that was even added in.  Have researched several days trying to find the notes and nothing so far, any direction or help would be appreciated.  

I will restate in case it's overlooked I know what they do in wo, I want exacts and want developer notes on them ;) ty in advance.

• Like 1

Edited by Elsa
wrong post

What does one bump say to the other bump, "don't be an asphalt" ;)

Bump

Chaos is basically pvp enabled non epic with end game items.

That was my guess too xyp, I just was hoping someone had a list of the exacts.

Basically, our server is a chaos server without champions since it's creative and non epic.  So I wanted to make sure I have the same server settings before swapping over from our current settings to that one.  (We are OK with champions, the thing we wanted is more chaos and not epic)

I do appreciate the response. My jokes were only going to get worse.

I started a thread In the steam forums subsection suggestions, the reason for the clarity on the chaos rules was to avoid having to make the suggestion.

Let me explain better:. We have all four kingdom factions as viable PvP.  Yes I know some are better. It's a sandbox so stay with me, I want People to make Their own choices not use meta doctrines of old.  So if I select chaos, what happens to our freedom faction?  Will they even be allowed to stay on map or expand influence etc etc.

So as I backtrack more lol, sorry, I either have two options.

1) suggest to you all kind folk to allow Wu to have champs for freedom and unlimited number, not the three per kingdom.

2) get the exact dev notes about the chaos mechanics and ruleset, and compare that to the currently hyrbid chaos server we currently run.  Half chaos rules half PvP server rules (didn't want valrei creatures to spawn on starting map thus no chaos setting for now.)

Help ;) please. 

Brew

Freedom faction will be there, they are still a kingdom.

But, from what i can remember:

If there is not a starter deed for freedom no-one can join it so kingdom will be non existent.

Put a stater deed and guard towers it will bw like the other template kingdoms.

Edited by bigsteve
spelling

That makes sense but here is where that issue arises.  That mechanic would only work for adventure thought processes.  

Currently in creative PvP anyone can settle anywhere they build a tower.  Assuming tower doesn't clash with an enemy faction range.  With chaos would I need to expand the influence range from the  starter deed for all freedom towns to exist? Since currently any faction just needs to tower, then deed.  

So my question stands corrected thanks to Steve,. Does chaos act as a adventure mode settings where the faction influence needs to expand based on the point of origin, or can it still work like current and allow for future freedom towns to exist?

If I had the extra time I'd take the entire server and make a test server, I just really don't have the time to test all this or I wouldn't be asking ;) thanks again.

Brew

I think what affects having to build in kingdom range is the home server setting. If it's on the whole server is considered as belonging to one kingdom and you can build anywhere, otherwise you need to build towers to expand the range.

PVP is kinda tangential to that. Though if you make a home server with PVP enabled, i think the other kingdoms will get a debuff and will be limited in what they can do (a-la epic home server raiding in WO).

In general if you want chaos-like rules - you need to have PVP on, home server off, epic off, endgame items on.

• Like 1

Yea those are the current settings:

This is cluster wide:

PvP on, 

Epic off,

Endgame on,

Creative, 

No home server

My issue comes with champs, and freedom faction.

Without chaos on we can't champ without GM, which is fine if I have to turn chaos on for that as GM waiting can be annoying.

But with freedom not having the champ abilities there seems to be no reason to turn on chaos over the current settings since the only difference is valrei mobs are introduced, and we still can't have freedom champs.

It seems I need to make an entire test server and see what's easiest.  But I hope this issue brings to light the suggestion I hope we can see on WU not online as I understand the reasons.

Unlock champs for kingdoms, freedom included, or let fo be Freedom and vynora=jk win mag at MR

Or allow us to have a toggle for valrei mobs on and off within the nested chaos setting.

Thanks sorry I'm a pain I know

Brew

Edited by Brew

Think of it this way...  Freedom is not a PvP kingdom.  Freedom is the default for PvE servers that don't have kingdoms.  If you want PvP on a single non-home server, Freedom can't be one of the kingdom choices.

True, but fo isn't a PvP priest yet everyone loves fo in PvP. 

My OP was hoping people had info on exact settings between just PvP and chaos.  I understand the defaults, and am hoping for the devnotes/patch info as chaos wasn't always a setting option in Wu and can't find where it was added or when.

If there is no way to get said info I do the mind closing the thread. And will just bump the suggestions thread of trying a work around fix. 

Thanks for the help no matter what though.

What does one bump say to the other bump? Not again brew we already heard this one, :). It said, stop complaining or else we will make you a pothole.

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk
All that junk inside your trunk
I'ma get get get get you drunk
Get you love drunk off my Bump
My Bump my Bump my Bump my Bump my Bump
My Bump my Bump my Bump my lovely little Bumps
Check it out.