Sign in to follow this  
Eject

Guide - Connect servers on Citadel and other hints

Hello friends

I write this little guide because unti today, i saw often people asking how to connect servers on citadel.

Thats not very hard, citadel have also a guide for this in there website, maybe for some it is too complicated.

For all they need a second helping hand, this is my little guide (compact, no pics, and easy explained)

First you need all maps that you like to connect, on the same IP as your loginserver is, if not, just ask Citadel for moving the new server. Than you can begin.

The 1. Step - some little fails that can happen if you are too glad to have a new server ;)

Have you tried if the new server is running as single? if yes the config for the mapfolder is correct and you can go to step two -> connect

if not, there could be some issues:

• no given server id
    look at: configuration files / service settings / text editor for: This Server ID=1234 # This is this servers id, do not edit.......... you CAN edit it, if there is no number given

• wrong configuration
    configuration files / server.txt / configuration editor

• crashed map files
    maybe while uploading, some files are corrupt, load up a zip and unzip it on server

• missing files
    look at the original creative map which files you need and/or clean the database with rebuild-dbs.bat

• the correct map is not selected in the comandline manager...
    At the comandline manager click on select/selected, in gamemode select your map(folder)name

Step 2 if step 1 is working:

• On both servers in GP stop the servers

• get all datas you need for the connection from both servers
    (Server ID, internal and external server port, rmi port, rmi registration port - note it on a paper, you can find it at configuration files / service settings / text editor  )

• In "Configuration Files" "Service Settings" "configuration editor" type in the correct datas, dont forget to save 
    (Ports id´s ip´s who s login and who not, Mapname, all in the right directions)

• then click on "update database before starting server"
    (but dont restart it)

• In file manager jump into your mapfolder and edit the wurm.ini file, the last line must be USE_INCOMING_RMI=TRUE
    If not, add/edit the line and save the file

• Go to point 3 and do the same with the other map config

• Download both wurmlogin.db
    (in different folders)

• Get the SQlite Browser if you havent it
    (its for editing the wurmlogin databases)

• in the database 1 jump to "Servers" and add a new line, type in just the id of the 2. server in the first field
  • in the database 1 jump to "serverneighbours" first field is the server-id that depends on the wurmlogin.db that you have open, 
  • second field is the sewrver-id from the neighbour, 
  • in third field type in the direction in CAPS

• write changes and close the program, then open the other wurmlogin.db
  • Do the same with the wurmlogin.db vice versa from the new map

• upload the databases and start both servers
  • look at the webconsole whats happen and if the second server will connect to the loginserver

• If all looks fine, login with your GM-char, activate your wand go to specials/transpher north-south-west.east whereever your new map is, you should land on the new map without issues.

I hope i was able to help you, if you have more questions just poke me :)

Eject

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

Reserved for other tipps on Citadel

Server is not running with modloader or crashed with modloader

Maybe there is a new version of Agos Server Modloader

In GP go to Modmanager

Uninstall the Modloader and then install it again, now you will get the newest version

You can also upload the newest version via FTP by yourself

Note: Citadel is always looking if there is a new version avalaible, if you miss the newest version, just open a ticket with the topic "new modloader version available", they guys will update the files very fast

My Livemap dont like to update since hours/days

Sometimes, but not so often, it could be that the map wont update, you try compile mapviewer map and fast sync, but nothing will work.

For this is the best way (it works for me often), go into the file manager, delete the mapviewer output folder

Now start again "compile mapviewer" and then "fast download sync"

All files will rebuild and your map should work again

Edited by Eject