Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International 002

header.png

New banner courtesy of Saroman!

Hi Everyone!

Another week has passed, and it's time to share some more news about what's going on with the Wurm team. We're still ramping up as that holiday feeling passes and work mode kicks in, with an update to Wurm online due to land early to mid next week, pending some fixes, but for now, the news!

WU devblog
This week saw the WU devblog go up on steam,, outlining the delays in 1.3 coming as well as touching on the future plans for WU, including a possible updated server UI . Check out the article here:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/366220/announcements/detail/258229677222552331

Esert makeover!
Last year we had the design a deed comp for several deeds, and it went amasingly well, with some awesome designs (I love jbergs knot highway) and we've recently been asked about Esert, the starter deed on Exodus. So we're opening it up to a design comp, all entries will be placed in the subforum for exodus, and you're all welcome to vote, the original current design will also be included, for those who want to keep it as it is.

The deedplanner info for Esert is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0hjK_EXMTcdb3RMMnExckx0N00/view?usp=sharing

Nahjo faith transfer
The conversion for Nahjo faith to another deity faith has been running since the 22nd of November, and will end on the 1st of February, Please ensure that you have performed any transfers you wish to by then.

Community Content

This weeks community content is the Iron Chef - Wurm edition competition by shydow, who is holding a competition for wurmians to nominate their best recipes that fit the criteria! Have you entered yours? (apparently vodka and bread doesn't work)

That's it for this week, I'd like to thank Saroman for the spiffy new header border, and hope you all have a great weekend of Wurm, until next time, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 8

I am worried now... I recently created a Nahjo priest, I had wanted Mag, but I could find no follower or priest to convert my guy.

So, what is happening to Nahjo, or what is wrong with Nahjo, that people want to change to another deity?

7 minutes ago, Zaklon said:

I am worried now... I recently created a Nahjo priest, I had wanted Mag, but I could find no follower or priest to convert my guy.

So, what is happening to Nahjo, or what is wrong with Nahjo, that people want to change to another deity?

there is nothing "wrong" with nahjo, and there is nothing happening to nahjo since it happened already.

read

as for going mag, if you still want it you can type "/transfer" on your priest and then choose mag and you will be converted, while its still available.

Thanks.

I believe I will stick to Nahjo then, favour gain was not why I chose him.

• Like 1

I don't understand why you think the conversion needs to simply have a end date because some guy made a thread about it. This nonsense happens all the time. ALWAYS one random person, lets change it! 

Edited by Niki

36 minutes ago, Niki said:

I don't understand why you think the conversion needs to simply have a end date because some guy made a thread about it. This nonsense happens all the time. ALWAYS one random person, lets change it! 

It's possibly more that making sure something has a checked end date rather than left in and forgotten

It's been a pretty long time now since the reason for the faith swap so I don't think anyone at this point would be using it for it's intended purpose, so why leave it in?

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

It's possibly more that making sure something has a checked end date rather than left in and forgotten

It's been a pretty long time now since the reason for the faith swap so I don't think anyone at this point would be using it for it's intended purpose, so why leave it in?

Sigh

[19:14:09] You decide to use your transfer and change deity to Fo.

I and many others are looking forward to the 1.3 update for WU *queue* the WU haters, after all we are "cheap b#stards" lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozmods said:

I and many others are looking forward to the 1.3 update for WU *queue* the WU haters, after all we are "cheap b#stards" lol

I play both, have been premium for 5 years, I wish they would give us Rifts as well so we could easily utilize the runes that are hopefully coming as well.

Edited by ausimus

8 hours ago, ausimus said:

I play both, have been premium for 5 years, I wish they would give us Rifts as well so we could easily utilize the runes that are hopefully coming as well.

Yea I play both too but hopefully you won't ruin your beautiful server's environment by having those Rifts spawn everywhere. I know some servers (Taumriel) have an isolated events area, as well as a portal to fight those Rift creatures if desired. Seems a better approach to me as I am not at all looking forward to Rifts entering into WU.

=Ayes=

On 1/20/2017 at 0:04 PM, Retrograde said:

Esert makeover!
Last year we had the design a deed comp for several deeds, and it went amasingly well, with some awesome designs (I love jbergs knot highway) and we've recently been asked about Esert, the starter deed on Exodus. So we're opening it up to a design comp, all entries will be placed in the subforum for exodus, and you're all welcome to vote, the original current design will also be included, for those who want to keep it as it is.

The deedplanner info for Esert is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0hjK_EXMTcdb3RMMnExckx0N00/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for this!

Will there be a post in the Exo subforum with more information about due dates for entries, how to properly submit an entry, etc.?

@Retrograde

Edited by Joelle

The Esert Make Over Competition: when is the deadline for submissions? Do we have some time to brood over it a bit?

For some reason I cant load esert into deedplanner. I copied it to pastebin, saved it to a .txt which i renamed to .MAP -no luck. I get errors and not loading.

Can you export it to a pastebin please? (as it is embedded to deedplanner as a load option)

Did you try clicking on download from Google drive? Just tried it and it works without a problem.