Sign in to follow this  
elvenwing

Lost my customer

Hi, im from independence and i was sailing with some goods last night to take to north xanadu...... due to me being super tired at the time, i forgot his name :(   it was long, i remember that... (zackblade...something, or zeekblade.....something) if anyone knows the area around ne xanadu or this person plz let me know.... sorry about my carelessness

if you look in your wurm logs folder, you should have a record of everyone you have spoke to. Might be a good place to start.

If you look in the Wurm directory that is installed on your PC, go into Wurm Folder\Players\shakys(example)\logs

you will find every conversation you have had stored inside there.

• Like 1

Installation folder of Wurm then ..\players\yourplayername\logs\

In that folder every chat log will be. :)

Or as good Shakys presented just before me. :D

Edited by Nordlys

1 hour ago, shakys said:

If you look in the Wurm directory that is installed on your PC, go into Wurm Folder\Players\shakys(example)\logs

you will find every conversation you have had stored inside there.

I have all Logging modes set to "Disabled" thinking this will improve game performance. Would this be correct? Anyway, no Logs under my player names and have been set this way for years and years. Never found a use for 'em myself since I don't like to revive the past but rather live within the present Wurm moment.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayes said:

I have all Logging modes set to "Disabled" thinking this will improve game performance. Would this be correct? Anyway, no Logs under my player names and have been set this way for years and years. Never found a use for 'em myself since I don't like to revive the past but rather live within the present Wurm moment.

=Ayes=

never really had any issues with performance myself so afraid i don't have any facts on the matter, One of the devs might be able to answer it though.

Got to play on some walmart brand toaster if disabling chat logs helps your computer in anyway haha

• Like 2

awesome, thanks for the help guys

Edited by elvenwing

It shouldn't affect performance unless you are running short on hard drive space. Since they are just text files I can't imagine any serious impact.

On 1/19/2017 at 5:20 PM, Ayes said:

=Ayes=

I currently play on a 6 year old craptop and absolutely no performance issues with logs. I've logged everything since i've started playing; skill ticks, chats, skill dumps, etc.

Log dumps are very handy in certain situations. For instance, I made a meal last week with an awesome affinity and I forgot exactly what I put in it. My event log helped me recall the ingredients used. Skill tick logs can help in tracking game bugs... like when enchants aren't working on a tool. I also had an issue a couple of times where I lost meditation skill for no reason, and was able to report that to the bug section with my logs as proof. Chat logs can be helpful too, especially if you're transacting with a lot of people. It is tangeble proof of conducting business. Sure, chat logs can be faked, but devs can also detect that via server side logs.