Sign in to follow this  
Shmeric

Incomplete bridge ownership

As far as I understand, currently one character can only plan one bridge and then it needs to be completed, before that character can plan another bridge. 
I'm not sure why this limitation is necessary.

I propose for bridges same ownership system as player houses. Once a bridge is planned, the ownership can be transferred to another player and the original bridge planner has no obligation to wait for it's completion and can move on to next project.

This would give players with very high masonry skill the opportunity to sell their bridge planning services.

Also, with larger projects, where multiple long bridges are needed, the plans can be made all at once and the planner doesn't have to sit on site or travel back and forth. 

Edited by Shmeric
Title change
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shmeric said:

I propose for bridges same ownership system as player houses. Once a bridge is planned, the ownership can be transferred to another player and the original bridge planner has no obligation to wait for it's completion and can move on to next project.

Planning bridges works the same as planning buildings, you can only have one unfinished project at a time between server resets. Transferring a building does not get you around that limitation.

I be damned,

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Planning bridges works the same as planning buildings, you can only have one unfinished project at a time between server resets. Transferring a building does not get you around that limitation.

I be damned... I remembered it was different... and makes me wonder why that is.

But fine... My point still remains the same.

Allow more than just one incomplete bridge be planned. And why not extend that to buildings too...

I suspect so the server does not fill up with unfinished bridges and buildings all over the place.