Sign in to follow this  
Skyhawk

[FIXED] Bugged starter village perimeter - bridges

Bridges can be planned within starter village perimeters, but then prevented from continuing them or removing them. They shouldn't be allowed to plan in the 1st place like houses.

This is a deed mechanic, you can not build a bridge in perimeter you do not have roles with same deed.

I am fairly certain you would need a support a ticket and get GM permission for work done on a starter deed as well.

Edited by JakeRivers

For someone without permissions set, houses are not even allowed to be planned on perimeter, so either the building on or removal of that plan is not an issue there.  The problem is that bridges -can- be planned on perimeter, yet the permissions do not allow for the planner to either build or remove that plan.

I am pointing out that the planning should not be allowed in the 1st place.

While this is not really a 'bug' because it's working as intended, it is indeed an annoyance if you don't read the warning you get when planning the bridge.  

It's true that you can plan in a perimeter - and are warned when doing so - but if you don't have build permission on that deed you cannot complete or destroy the planned bridge.  It's on a list of issues that could be handled differently without breaking anything else, but at this time there is no easy way to check build permissions while planning a bridge that is not on a deed.

I suspect the problem is your plan started outside of the perimeter, thus negating the do not build permissions, I did this recently where a 1x4 bridge I planned started 2 tiles inside of my perimeter and ended 2 tiles inside my neighbors (I did the survey from my perimeter). I could build the first two, but the last two required me to get permissions from the neighbor to finish. Perhaps one more check is required when planning the bridge.

Edited by JakeRivers

Readying a mallet, click on tile - plan action isn't allowed on perimeter. It should be easy: Work the Range Pole - Hold and Dioptra - Plan actions on perimeter like planning a house works, it won't let you. That would solve most of the problems with this.