Sign in to follow this  
DoctorAngus

Option to cut up meals.

I think it'd be acool to have a divide/split/cut option to divide meals up in weight.

alot of larger meals wont fit in the lunchbox when i travel, so id like to cut it up.

it'd also be awesome for sharing meals with friends and guests.

• Like 2

I heard talk about this because of picnic basket issues.

I have a great idea, make a new item.... 

Serving Tray, comes in iron, silver, gold, steel, copper, etc.

When a food item is placed on it, and you have a knife, butcher's knife or carving knife, you can "cut into servings"

and you can portion the solid food item into any number of pieces to at min 0,3 kilo weight.

or maybe the option like the measuring cup to define the portion cut.

Edited by Tallios

Lunchbox should just be made bigger, a lot of the better meals I see our head cooks prepare are in the 2.6-3.6 range, and that just does not fit in my tiny lunchbox.

I would rather have one big meal than 3 tiny meals in the box. (was having more than 1 meal for people who use multiple affinities?)

Edited by JakeRivers

5 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Lunchbox should just be made bigger, a lot of the better meals I see our head cooks prepare are in the 2.6-3.6 range, and that just does not fit in my tiny lunchbox.

I would rather have one big meal than 3 tiny meals in the box. (was having more than 1 meal for people who use multiple affinities?)

The reason I disagree with this, is without the option I suggest.  It is virtually impossible for a chef to showcase what they make.  I know of a brewer that makes a variety of drinks and he places them all into little bottles and ships them in one whole sample kit.  You don't get that luxury with cooking.

9 hours ago, Tallios said:

The reason I disagree with this, is without the option I suggest.  It is virtually impossible for a chef to showcase what they make.  I know of a brewer that makes a variety of drinks and he places them all into little bottles and ships them in one whole sample kit.  You don't get that luxury with cooking.

ah, good point, but would you want someone to cod you a sample kit of 500 meals?

best to just have a display setup and travel to it

i also suspect dividing a meal would mess up the affinity code, maybe not, but a easy fix is making the lunch box carry a bigger lunch 

although you can split drinks so this should be doable and if I could chop up a 3kg meal into smaller parts, then I could get it all into my lunch box!

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Seems like a simple enough addition.
Activate Knife, click food - Cut Portion.

0.01 kg
0.05 kg
0.1 kg
0.5 kg
1 kg
2 kg (lunchbox)
2.2 kg (picnic basket)

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Darmalus said:

Seems like a simple enough addition.
Activate Knife, click food - Cut Portion.

0.01 kg
0.05 kg
0.1 kg
0.5 kg
1 kg
2 kg (lunchbox)
2.2 kg (picnic basket)

I was specifically thinking like the measuring cup, where you "select the size".....

Oh damn, I've got it.... not a serving tray but a "serving knife" that in effect works identical to the measuring cup so it pulls out from the item, "chunks or servings" of the food item.

make it look like a pie server, kind of a trowel-like device.

Edited by Tallios