Sign in to follow this  
Pavoramix

Fallen tree in house and no further action possible

I have cut a tree which was close to my buiding, after the cut it has fallen inside the building and when I select this fallen tree it shows no action at all. I cannot move it or cut it into logs or what so ever.

In short, I cannot do anything with it so it lays inside the building doing nothing :D.

Can someone help me with this?

Reg. Pavoramix/Release

It's probably not actually "inside" the house.

There is only a certain part of a fallen tree you can interact with, and that part simply cannot "fall into a building" on its own. It probably LOOKS like the entire tree is inside but the "usable" part of the tree is still outside the house. 

You might try using the Select Bar to have the tree selected then go around the outside of the house looking for the butt-end of the tree, as you get close enough to that section, you should be able to pick up and interact with it again using the Select Bar icons (icon on the Select Bar will show what actions you can now do).  Here is a Wiki article on how to activate and use the Select bar:  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Select_bar

I dropped this tree so that it looks" like it fell inside the house, however from the inside of the hosue I cannot interact with it (because the important small "business end" of the tree is actually still OUTSIDE but is a small portion obscured by the house wall)

vmalH3L.png

By going back outside the house and finding where the end of the tree is obscured by the house wall, I can now use Select bar to TAKE the fallen tree from outside  using the hand icon (if I had a hatchet on me, I could probably CHOP it from here too, but I didn't think to grab a hatchet):

234VRHc.png

You probably do not have a window right at that exact spot, so you will need to instead watch for the tree outline. This is why Select Bar is handy, because you already have the tree "selected" and now only need to watch for the TAKE icon to suddenly appear.

If you can guess/predict the exact spot and wave your mouse around, it should also make the outline appear although you have to watch closely for it.  This is also very useful for the times a fallen tree seems to disappear into a hill slope .. which can happen a lot in hilly areas. 

If you are simply not able to select and act on the tree from the outside of the house, you will need to use the /support function to ask a GM to assist you. But try on your own, first. Non-GM staff (CAs) will probably first try to get you to solve it on your own by suggesting the above, so at least you can now say "I already tried all that".

Worst case scenario --- the tree should rot away in a few game days.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Many thanks for your advise nad I have tried to do so, I have selected the tree, walked all aroung it, from bigining inside house untill the top of the tree which is outside the house but besides the examine button I do not see another action button.

So I have to try the /report option then.

you need the very bottom base of the tree, the place with the cut, not the top or middle length of the tree. It has to be the bottom cut part. So the opposite way that you went; start from the middle and find where the bottom is.

But I am sure a GM will be happy to assist with this.  We have nice GMs!

PS: I keep incorrectly typing /report but the correct command is instead /support

Edited by Brash_Endeavors