Sign in to follow this  
Vroomfondel

More roof types please

I'd like to see more variety in roofs besides type of materials used.  Currently we only use hip roofs.  I'd like to see gable, mansard, and gambrel roofs, among other types.  Here is an example of what I mean:

6226116_orig.gif

Please give us this option, and if you are already working on it, please let us know the status of the project.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 4

+1

Would also be great if we could choose type per tile, unless that's too granular. 

I'm thinking of times there's a wall, or door, and an open space to the ceiling of a long V shaped roof.  (if that makes any sense)  Would just be nice in those situations to be able to choose something that would bring the roofline down to the wall, such as one of the roofs above.

-1 better first add roof functionality before adding pure aesthetic stuff, as for now there is enough choice.

+1 and I can back it up too... 

Specially now that we can hand carve our own WU maps, someone has to make this deed:

• Like 1

We have copper sheets (used in stills) and tin? was added with a future use. Why not add those to a roof?

• Like 1

I believe we're gonna get reworks of different aspects of the game in the near time. For me it feels like the cooking update was the beginning of a new era for wurm and it will keep changing. Who knows what will get reworked next. Building, shipbuilding, mining, sailing?

nonetheless +1

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Audrel said:

We have copper sheets (used in stills) and tin? was added with a future use. Why not add those to a roof?

Tin sheets are used for lunchboxes.