Sign in to follow this  
The Moidart

HTC Vive

Anyone else tried this yet. Got the kids one for XMAS and tbh wasn't expecting much, but spank my ass and call me Abigail, this thing is awesome. New VR titles released frequently. Wurm in VR...There's a concept!

I haven't tried it yet but I am interested, I am waiting for it to be developed more, especially in the game department everything seems to be very arcade like, that alone does not justify the 600-700 bucks it's worth for a few laughs. Looking forward to the more in dept games to come though, games are a huge sale point for me.

I'm waiting for there to be at least a good VR system with a fov of 200+. Hopefully there will be something on the market within a couple of years that can do that well. By that time there will hopefully also be a nice set of good vr games and perhaps some improvement on movement, as right now you're mostly teleporting around in most games, as most people are physically constrained to a small room.

Edited by Ecrir

I have one, and certain game genres are awesome (Arizona Sunshine is a ton of fun), but MMO's really won't work in room scale or standing...  even seated, how do you type and interact with all the menus without seeing your desktop?  Voice chat is fine for player to player communication, but there's a lot of typed-in commands in this genre that are difficult to move to pointer-clicks.

19 hours ago, Ricowan said:

I have one, and certain game genres are awesome (Arizona Sunshine is a ton of fun), but MMO's really won't work in room scale or standing...  even seated, how do you type and interact with all the menus without seeing your desktop?  Voice chat is fine for player to player communication, but there's a lot of typed-in commands in this genre that are difficult to move to pointer-clicks.

Those are some of the points why I don't invest in one yet, it just seems like a short lived arcade experience right now.

Whatever works right....

Jesus H Christ, i'd of said I bought it for Hitler if that was the wire I needed to cut!

The room constraint thing is understandable. There are always trade off's with new tech.

Yeah, most titles atm are short lived flashy time sinks, but I'm more than willing to be amused in the short term to support the long term goal. I've Wurm to fall back on for long term satisfaction.

I remember buying my first PS1 and thinking, "Whoah, this is the future"! This is what VR 1 Feels like now. Pretty damn exciting!

I've had a DK2 for a couple of years now.
worth every penny, 
there have been a number of Wurm VR threads now

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/95452-oculus-rift-devlopment-wurms-vr-future/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/142835-wurm-unlimited-vr-client/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/85698-oculus-rift-support-and-wurm/

The Wurm Unlimited thread is probably the best to turn to, there's a few developer replies on it.

Edited by Steveleeb