Sign in to follow this  
Ausimus

[Released] Wall Panels

Initial release only has Log works for interior or exterior.

Bottom floor only at the moment for exterior until i figure out how to change the Z offset in-game. Interior works fine as its based off of floor level.

Highly recommend Move To Center mod a nightmare without (ty Bdew).

To place without a headache build on tile you wish to have the panel on, Move to Center, then rotate. The pivot of the models in some situations makes the model appear on the inside of the house if not positioned or rotated correctly, to resolve this select the model inside the house go back out to where the model should be, right click it in your select bar and click Move to Center. The tile adjacent to the house tile that has the panel needs to be flt for the alignment to work properly.

Requires server side server-packs mod and the client to be running client side server-packs mod for the models to show.

4da27588cdc98b68761daf566ae37499.jpg

https://github.com/ausimus/wurmunlimited-WallPaneling/releases/latest

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 8

Not much information on this.

Does the mod replace any wall type in game or does it add another wall option to build?

What materials are needed to make this wall type?

• Like 1

I thought I put that info into the post my apology's.

They are just coverings, they do not replace anything. To start creation log+log, Decoration in the crafting window.

Edited by ausimus

I had a look at this, great idea,

is it now possible to add new 3d models into this game, or am I missing something here,

Always been possible with serverpacks.

Collada files still work fine.

can you point me in the direction of information on server packs, I would like to add some new models...

apologies OP.for the hijack.  i''m just keen to find out some info on how to expand my gaming experience that's all,

cheers

Edited by ozmods
edit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ozmods said:

can you point me in the direction of information on server packs, I would like to add some new models...

add a new jar-file to serverpacks. Make sure the mappings are correct inside.

Its a skin you put on after you have built walls. 

It produces an item that can be loaded into a cart.

It does take some practice to get it on right.

It uses log  +log to create.  It uses Logs and Pegs for materials. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2017 at 1:58 AM, ozmods said:

apologies OP.for the hijack.  i''m just keen to find out some info on how to expand my gaming experience that's all,

cheers

Make sure your mod with custom model is linked to serverPacks=yourcustomserverpack.jar inside of its properties and the server is running server packs mod. Also as Jukken said make sure your mappings.txt is correct. Make sure your item template modal string matches.

Your custom model needs to have the pivot Y up, as well as export model pivot Y up.

thanks yeah, I kind of got scared off, after seeing the "class" files in the smaller jar, in your mod, i'm like yeaaaah this is not going to happen, as I don't understand java programming lol

I have something similiar to this coming, I'll link this thread to mine. 

Nicely done anyhow! :)

• Like 1

If it was a serverwide mod without that with 

Requires server side server-packs mod and the client to be running client side server-packs mod for the models to show.

I would consider to get it, but now im not sure. If it needs to make players to do stuff with theirs properties etc. Im not good on explaining that stuff

4 hours ago, Elsa said:

If it was a serverwide mod without that with 

I would consider to get it, but now im not sure. If it needs to make players to do stuff with theirs properties etc. Im not good on explaining that stuff

From what i gather from the original post, there is no changing of the client side .properties file. Just needs both server and client serverpack enabled.

On 2017-02-03 at 8:51 PM, bigsteve said:

From what i gather from the original post, there is no changing of the client side .properties file. Just needs both server and client serverpack enabled.

Oh okay, my missunderstanding than :) 

Might need fixed for the new update. Getting errors starting server with 1.3 release with this installed

I would like to see thisguy pick up this mod, and do blank plaster walls, sure would make my hotels and houses look a lot nice, @ausimusany chance mate?

4 hours ago, ozmods said:

I would like to see thisguy pick up this mod, and do blank plaster walls, sure would make my hotels and houses look a lot nice, @ausimusany chance mate?

ye i have plans to add more facade types.

• Like 1

great, I would like to see more types, maybe just some white plaster board that can cover up the walls inside, would be most grateful if you were able to do that, at some point

Right now I'm working on the town of Yew in my Ultima Nostalgia project, and since the town is made up of log cabins mainly, this mod was exaaaaactly what I needed! 

Server was crashing until I saw ago's response with an updated version, and only after that I was able to get my server up and running. I've also figured out how to create these wall objects and have them in my inventory. But now I just can't figure out how the heck to use them.

• I've tried dropping them on the ground to move them into position, but all I see is the "missing item model" burlap sack
  • I've tried activing them and targeting a ready made wooden wall, but don't see any option on how to add them to the wall
  • Ausimus, you mention the crafting window, but I'm assuming that's only for building the wall item itself. 

Could someone kindly explain how to place these walls once you have them in your inventory? And can they be placed over any of the wall types? Right now I have wooden walls.

Edited by Malena