Sign in to follow this  
shankiest

Revert HOTA

Alright we just apparently got trees added to hota ruining it. A staff member that never has done a HOTA thought it was great idea to spawn of them.

"Trees at hota  = ruin hota. being blind isn't fun, guess what, drop dirt/plant trees where you want. Trees literally ruined hota. If you think this change didn't warrant the players opinion, then wow. Theres a reason it was clear cut/sanded before, trees are seriously the worst change you could come up with amid claims that you guys are looking at ways to "Improve" hota - this is defo 10 steps in the wrong direction.theres a reason why epic players wanted clear cut" -Mclovin

EDIT: there is a huge agreement on epic when it was active how trees were ruining hota and how it made it crazy hard chase people and find pillars. Every group has tried to cut the trees but having so many and they kept growing we never got it done. An update on hota with no warning or thread about. What is going on Enki own up to the mistake and revert it already.

Edited by shankiest
  • Like 4

+1

Another suggestion. Dont allow staff that have never pvp'd to make changes to a pvp server. Or at least not without the input of the entire server.

Edited by Kendall17
  • Like 2

plus now hota cannot be modified so... how are we supposed to prevent them from regrowing?

Who's ready for my favorite elevation game of spend 45 mins looking for the last hota pillar in all the trees finally coming to chaos!

7cdd589b0a2a6bd55f85718fa13a8fab.jpg

It the game where you run around moving your mouse left and right over the tree line looking for that pesky hota pillar hiding inside the dense forest =D.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

There are mechanics in place for players to plant trees, If trees were needed on HoTA you should have not disallowed players to plant them (if the new HoTA perms disallow). If players can drop dirt and plant trees on the HoTA zone then its silly that the terrain was painted to begin with.

The old HotA with the giant craters covering 3/4 of it was better because at least you could see the pillars that were in the bottom of the volcanoes

• Like 3

I will apologize fort he willows...  that was not my intention.

I receive nothing but complaints about the Chaos HoTA.  I have come close to pulling it from Chaos as not working as intended.  But for now I have dropped a new HoTA and have removed 90% of the trees that were added.

We have discussed a number of options for varying it and livening the HoTA up a bit, so if you see a thousand trolls descending on you, that was probably my suggestion.

• Like 5

your kidding me right? was there even any consideration on this?

hey it happened! Thanks

+1

Edited by Yesirn

petition to cover hota in nothing but peat

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Enki said:

I will apologize fort he willows...  that was not my intention.

I receive nothing but complaints about the Chaos HoTA.  I have come close to pulling it from Chaos as not working as intended.  But for now I have dropped a new HoTA and have removed 90% of the trees that were added.

We have discussed a number of options for varying it and livening the HoTA up a bit, so if you see a thousand trolls descending on you, that was probably my suggestion.

Hota is literally over half of the reason most of us are playing. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it prior to this. Most of the fights that have been occurring are at the hota, and are due to the way its laid out. I appreciate you wanting to benefit chaos, but this is definitely not the way to do it. Make some feedback/poll threads and im sure youll get some more constructive ideas.

• Like 1

Also please change it back to sand, if you just leave it grass trees spread like wildfire and within a month it will be all trees again and with it being hota we cannot change it anymore so we would be kinda in a pickle.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

Who complained about Chaos HoTA?  I have not seen any threads nor heard anyone complain.  Is this coming from a few JK players?

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 6

Hi all,

the trees spawned on the hota have been removed and returned to sand.

We do have an aim to introduce new strategies or dynamic systems to hota, and will continue to work on ideas in the background, there may be small changes or events during the hota (we'll make sure the thousand trolls arent champs) but we will also look at a broader discussion on the aims of hota from our perspective and how we can see those goals met, along with feedback from you all.

Again, apologies for the mini heart attacks given when the hota became a willow forest.

The thread has been locked as the issue has been resolved

• Like 4

[20:49:10] <Wimble> So what's the new one you placed?

[20:49:14] <Wimble> Why is it any different?

[20:49:28] <Enki> updated pillar locations

Pillars will now be in new locations I am assuming.