Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

A sense of community

Guys, I think I have a problem. I am addicted to this game. So much that whenever I am at work I troll the forums looking for threads to participate in. I realized the problem is the lack of community, not in a cultural sense but in a quantity one. 

I am used to large communities. My EVE corporation houses over 4000 accounts, and my alliance has nearly 20,000 with about 9000 individual real players. There is always someone to talk to, and someone to hang out with or something to do. Here I often find myself alone, sitting on my own discord, with no one to talk to.

Does anyone here feel that way? How do you deal with your solitude in Celebration? Give your thoughts below, and help me deal with this nagging feeling of being alone.

Global chat usually has some chatter.  That was one decent thing about Xanadu is there was always people talking in Freedom chat. Although they are so far away it might as well be global chat. 

I've only seen 2 lines of speech so far on Cele freedom chat. I am guessing that most people talk in alliance chat and I think that would be the best move for a "community feel". Finding an active alliance with people to chat with. I know I would like to find one. 

I'm not sure what "peak times" are on Cele either. Don't know if there's a mix of US/European players or if it's more weighted one way or the other. 

Can anyone help us with an alliance? We are all on the south west area of Celebration, and it would be great to have more people to chat up with. The silence is deafening at times!

Cele is probably one of the worst servers for you if you like chatter. I'd recommend Deli or Xanadu, honestly. Always people talking in Freedom on those servers.

Xanalag? Xanadu is pretty terrible to live in. Just sailing about was a nightmare. Great place with lots of people... but the lag!

11 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Xanalag? Xanadu is pretty terrible to live in. Just sailing about was a nightmare. Great place with lots of people... but the lag!

I'm not a fan of it, by any means. But if you like people, they have people.

I'd go Deli then, lots of friendly people there and Freedom chat is always full of chatter.

Oh I'm not moving. Too much money invested in my deed. Plus I got all my friends in Celebration now. Moving is not the solution. I think the solution is to give people a reason to come together.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

Oh I'm not moving. Too much money invested in my deed. Plus I got all my friends in Celebration now. Moving is not the solution. I think the solution is to give people a reason to come together.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

Be careful sitting on your discord... if it gets stuck the wrong way it's embarrassing and people will talk!

Yeah I am a talker though and Im not used to being in an alliance yet so often I forget about it especially if I am chatting with people over comms.

I heard Wikid was living it up in the JK TS yesterday. I'm so jelly. Seems there's a lot of people to chat it up with there but I can't join up yet.

Celebration needs more people, it's a nice server but just too quiet.

Cele people are quiet as they have an extra carver between their teeth to max out grinding.

I was smuggled over against my will!:D:ph34r:

Edited by JPro
forgot the smiley. ninja edit

...With the promise of countless riches working h at the mines! Find gold, they said...

started out on Celebration...good quiet server. Back in the day...2+ years ago it had far more people...you can see how the landscape has changed. I started out SE of Tapdance then moved to Median Isle where I and several others lived, quit and came back to be with other alliance on Xan. Population changes all the time. Welcome to Wurm btw. ;)

Its being a challenge to be honest. People come and go all the time, and its hard to keep on touch when you don't pay much attention to the in game chat :/ I need to change that.

6 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

...With the promise of countless riches working h at the mines! Find gold, they said...

So you gonna pen JPro into a reinforced mine with killing away a 10k gold vein being the only escape? :)

Hah it's no different than what @MissWilcdid to me on Deli and Release. Feed me, clothe me, outfit me with a pickaxe and watch me suffer. Fringe benifets were much better with her though lol. 

I dont mind hoping servers and seeing what's different in other places and meet new people. Build some good friendships that way. I took a hiatus with the birth of my daughter not giving me much time for Wurm (definitely parenting is first priority) but I would have quit a long time ago if it weren't for Wilca, and the people she introduced me too. 

Besides, you (I) haven't even found gold yet in the mine! :olol

• Like 1

Wilca is indeed awesome!  And obviously, if you haven't found gold for him yet, you aren't working hard enough!