Sign in to follow this  
Eject

Connecting Epic Server

Hello friends of wurm

I have no problem to connect normal maps to my login server, but some days my players ask for an epic server. Some month ago i remember i tried that but it was not working :D

It would be very nice if someone could explain me how to connect an epic server correct, with the right portal and settings, so that players can port to the map and begin with a copy of the char like in wurm online.

Thank you very much

Eject

You use the "Portal" item created by GM (big crystal). You set data1 to the other server number (probably 2).

Teleporteing back from Epic is a problem though. Only epic portals work, and they seems bugged (you can get the other server up, and the correct spawnplace on that server, but when you press Ok, nothing happens).

Going back and forth by ship always work.

12 hours ago, Jukken said:

Going back and forth by ship always work.

This would work like in wurm online so that players begin on the epic server with a char-copy?

I believe not :/

Eject

It does not, correct. If you want the servers to be on different clusters and still have some database connection, it would require something different.

would be interessting if its real a charcopy or if you travel to the other server, you just work with the other serversettings, and if you go back you work with the first settings.

i never tested it becaue my clusters have all the same values in startskills/skillgain/action and so on.

Weeks ago, some players skilled on a new map (cluster), the server goes down and i had to bring the players back to the loginserver with #setserver name id, and then we saw....they lost the skills that they gained on the other map they just had not lost the skills that they made at the standard servers.

Eject

Edited by Eject

Best is i try it local, skill some and jump forward backward and look, i will try different startvalues and look what happens

10 hours ago, Eject said:

would be interessting if its real a charcopy or if you travel to the other server, you just work with the other serversettings, and if you go back you work with the first settings.

i never tested it becaue my clusters have all the same values in startskills/skillgain/action and so on.

Weeks ago, some players skilled on a new map (cluster), the server goes down and i had to bring the players back to the loginserver with #setserver name id, and then we saw....they lost the skills that they gained on the other map they just had not lost the skills that they made at the standard servers.

Eject

I think the reas8n they lost skills is that the new server skill data only gets copied  back to the log in server when go back to the server.

If you move it will use what it has in its Db already

Just surmising.

• Like 1