Sign in to follow this  
Bella

Can't change my character's GM level

I'm trying to edit my character's GM level, and I've been able to do this several times before without any issues, but suddenly it seems to get stuck and I'm not able to access the list of players in the local server settings window. Here is a screenshot of what happens: 

j5luEBp.png

The window freezes up and this black box stays on top of everything else until I close the window. I've rebooted the computer a couple of times, didn't help.  Anyone have any ideas or know what to do? 

23 hours ago, Jukken said:

Uninstall java and reinstall it is my advice.

Hmm, just tried that, didn't make a difference

you can try it ingame if you can login with an actual gm5 and the char that you like to edit

activate wand and rc it then --->Servers/Manage player power

I know this will not solve your problem but its a way to chnage your char power

Eject

You can also install sqlite3 command line.

Shutdown your Wurm server completely

Open up a command window in the sqlite directory for your server

type the following commands (changing player_name to the actual player you want to be gm. I used a gm level of 5 you may want a different number.

sqlite3

.open wurmplayers.db

.schema players

select playername, power from servers where playername='player_name';

update players set power='5' where playername='player_name';

select playername, power from servers where playername='player_name';

When you compare the results of the first and second selects you should see a power change.

Restart your server

If your new GM character needs an ebony wand type "#give 176"

I've done this from memory. I will double-check the commands when I get to a place with access to a server.

14 hours ago, Nappy said:

Open up a command window in the sqlite directory for your server

Sorry, you will have to dumb that down a little bit haha.. what is that and where do I find it? :)

I've only been playing with this one character and I have just made her a GM once or twice for specific reasons then switched her back cause I didn't like playing as a GM. I should have made a separate GM character from the start, but didn't. I guess I could use Nappy's solution to make a new char as a GM but it would be really nice to just have things back to the way they were.

Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this? 

Thanks for your help so far :)

Have you tried checking the integrity of the game files through steam?

Someone was able to help me out on the steam forums. This was the solution that worked (in case others have the same problem): 

"Open your "Steam install location\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\Launchconfig.ini".
Add "JvmParam1=-Dglass.accessible.force=false" (no quotes) after the JvmParam0 line on a new line.
Save and try again.
Repeat this in the LaunchConfig.ini files in the Dedicated/Server launcher folder too if you are running a server that is also crashing when editing settings.
This will stop the dropdown boxes crashing the game when you try to fiddle with the settings."