Sign in to follow this  
OjosAzules

What a bad game!!!!

This is a very bad game. I'm trying since one day to craft something like a fence or a chest, but nothing works. The only thing I can do is cutting trees and trees and trees. I'm always attacked by Trolls, Wulfes, Bears and Spiders. I tried to hide in my tent, but they hit me further and they killed me again and again - so this is no fun. I tried to secure my tent but the game says that I'm not allowed to do it, but it's my tent... I have a big collection of my own corpse  (oh yeah, I killed a bear after I died 3 times)  This is too hard to play and nothing ever work, no help, nobody to ask. Is it possible to talk to the guard or other characters? How can I buy a nail or something like this? How have I to hit the bear (or spider) that it takes effort? I'm clicking like an idiot but the other hits me and I hit him just sometimes with luck. Yes I've a shield, but how can I use it? It's equiped on my left arm, but the enemy hits me again and again and the shield does not protect me in any way. I can't level or dig, I can't build anything. How many years should I play until I've build a small hut? 20 years? 

I played Minecraft over one year and thought Wurm could be better based on the mindcraft idea, but it's totally crap. I tested it online because I wanted to buy this game, but I'll never give money for a bad game like this. I can walk through Trees - wtf? 

• Like 13

Hey bud, Minecraft is based of the wurm idea just thought i would let you know that from the start. 

It doesnt take 20 years to play but perhaps staying closer to a starting area at first till you grasp the understanding on how to do a few things. If you are in the wilderness and you see a guard tower you yell help or Guards! in local chat and they help you. 

Also there is GL freedom chat which you can get help from people or just general chatting. Your best option is understand that its a survival game and its hard if you are going to try and do everything alone, best to talk with people and use the forums like you are now and see about being recruited into a group/village/community. 

If you take a bit of a breather and give the game a fair try you will see how much easier things become. If you need some help/guidance feel free to ask me, send me a pm in forums.  

I just noticed you are looking to buy the stand alone version. Well In my opinion if you feel this way right now i dont think the standalone version will suit you. Much lower population because they are private servers made public. The online version imo is best because it is the true MMO version. If you stick around the MMO version and you want some help let me know. 

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 11

Best way to learn this game is to read up in Wurmpedia, there are some good guides to how to do things.

There are also many clips on youtube.

I reccomend you to make a full set of tools and a large cart first of all.

That way you gain some skill in the process and you will have the tools needed to continute withy all you may want to do.

(First make a mallet, then with the mallet active and on hot iron lumps makea small anvil and then take it from there.

Best advice is to join an existing server and learn the game where there are actual people to ask for answers as your questions arise.

Good Luck and don't give up yet!

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 4

Thank you, but I think I'll quit it, because it tooks to much time until I'll have first success. If a game is so complex it's too much (for me). I was looking for something like Minecraft in a little better not so boring without other citizens and mixed maybe with "Settlers" or "Anno"-Parts (don't know if you know these games, they were very popular in Germany).  

Enjoy the game, for me is no fun.

@ Maurizio: You wrote I should settle close to the city, but there are no free places to put the tent, that's the reason why I go outside. 

If you look for a german server (if i understand it right that you are from germany) with a very helpful community just let me know ;) 

I havew also a map next to the loginserver for beginners (aggro rate very low)

Eject

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

@Eject - yes I'm from Germany, but there is no german Island or something like this. I started the game and choose Xanadu, later, after I died a lot times I chose "Respawn outside Glasshollow". I respawned in every possible place. I tried to find myself on the map to get orientation - but this is just a map with no hints where I'm. The compass mostly is off. I searched in the game for a german part, but couldn't find it.

ohhh now is all clear for me.

You ar4e here in the Wurm UNLIMITED section not in the wurm ONLINE section.

"online" is the official server from code club AB (english is the neede language), "unlimited" was released 1 year ago and is for playermade servers as i have (mine are full of german/austrian players)

Eject

add: if you like to play with us look in this thread

Edited by Eject
  • Like 2

???? Now I'm completely confused. Do I not play Wurm Online? I tried to post here the startpic of the game, but's not possible. What the difference between unlimited and online? This is confusing like the game is hard to play. In my browser this forum is called: forum.wurmonline.com - nothing with unlimited... 

Online is the free/subscription based game, Unlimited is the one you buy off of steam.

The confusion appears to be that you are having trouble starting in the Wurm Online version, but have posted to the Unlimited section of the forums.

Ah, I thought, that the one is the free test before buying the expensive steam game. After this bad experiences with the game I'll not buy it. It's not value for money.

Well, that's the thing though, you're not really forced to 'buy' this game, the steam one is an option. Its a shame you're not sticking around longer for another go, but ah well enjoy whichever game you next land on.

Just wondering, did you do the tutorial?

Tutorial? I arrived somewhere, walked through a town and sometimes there opened signs who told me things about the game. If this the tutorial, yes, I did. 

@Bix: I clicked fast as I can. The distance was okay like the combat window told me. I leveled up my longsword skills to 5.0 - but I died a lot...

@Eject: Wie bekomme ich denn Euren Server in das Spiel. Bei Minecraft kann ich einfach den Server eintragen, bei Wurm gibt es da keine Möglichkeit, außer den vorhandenen Welten kann ich da nichts anwählen bzw. konfigurieren.... Ich habe die Standardversion von Wurm geladen Version Startup 3.99 zh.

Edited by OjosAzules

du musst wurm unlimited bei steam kaufen, im Mom für 27,99 vor kurzem wars um 12,xx zu haben, kommt aber immer wieder so billig, beim spielstart von WU bekommst du eine serverliste wo du dann meinen server "necropolis" finden kannst.

english trans.

you have to buy WU at steam...at the gamestart you will get a serverlist where you can find my server

Kaufen? Ich denke das Spiel ist kostenlos. Ich habe es doch schon auf meinem PC installiert, die aktuellste Version. 3.99 zh Es heißt doch "free to play". Nöö, dafür gebe ich keine 27,99 € zusätzlich aus, besonders nach den Erfahrungen mit der Demoversion. Danke für Deine Hilfe, aber das ist es nicht wert. Auch noch dafür bezahlen, dass alles ewig dauert und es so einen hohen Frustfaktor hat, nö, da zocke ich eher Anno, da passiert wenigstens was oder Gothic oder M&M. (auch wenn es alt ist) Die kosten fast gar nichts und machen wenigstens Spaß.

Naja, auf jeden Fall danke ich Dir für Deine Unterstützung.

Wurm Online is free to play - and you can (will) choose to subscribe.

Wurm Unlimited you have to buy - then its free to play.

• Like 1

das ist keine Demoversion die du hast, das ist die Version für Wurm online. Dafür musste dort für Premium (Skillcap nicht bei 20 sondern 100) und eigenes Grundstück jedes Monat bezahlen.

Bei WU kaufst du nur 1x das Game.

Edited by Eject

Es würde dir sicher sehr gefallen wenn du leute um dich hast die dir helfen und es dir eklären =)

Dann sind das zwei verschiedene Spiele? Ist denn das kostenpflichtige Spiel auch so lahm und so schwierig wie diese online Version? Also, dass man ewig braucht, bis man ein Feld geglättet hat oder bis man einfachste Dinge wie eine Kiste gebaut hat? Oder ist das wie ein richtiges Spiel, also vergleichbar Minecraft von der Art (nicht von der Grafik)?

Eigentlich darf man hier nur englisch schreiben oder zumindest soll man eine Übersetzung darunter posten. ich schreibe dir ne PM 

It does take a lot of time to do most things in the online version, and it is not a demo by any means, it is the main game. Wurm unlimited can be much easier (depending on server preferences I guess)

You sound like you already know the game, and just want to trash talk about it

When a new player (or an old player for that matter) has a question, there are so many ways he/she can get an answer in a very short ammount of time using ca help, gl freedom, freedom chat channels ingame. People are very eager to help, has always been. I always got an almost instant answer whenever I had a question about anything

If you arent a troll and really a new player, you can ask me anything ingame. Just write /tell Simyaci hi

Edited by Simyaci
  • Like 7