Sign in to follow this  
stickher

New Player Looking to Become a Priest

Hello all I’m looking into becoming a priest but I am unsure about which religion to pick. I don’t care much about the activities my priest may or may not be able to do.  I care more of if it the religion can pvp or heal and or if they have really good enchants. My main will be a fighter with 2handed sword and a bow if that helps. I looked around on wurmpedia but with my knowledge of the game and the over whelming information I don’t feel like I can comfortably pick a religion.  So  I guess I’m looking for pros and cons that don’t relate to this religion can mine and this one cannot.

Thanks in advance for any inputs. =D

some of this may be arguable, but I have all freedom priests and this is how i group them.  

healer - Fo, Smeagain

utility - Nahjo

enchanting - Paaweelr, Vyn

I do not PvP, but if i did as a priest i would probably go Smeagain, i am raising a Smeagain now for rift fighter/heals

all priests have good/bad points, but none shine imo compared the ones above.  

BL priests, Tosiek and Nathan are not bad if you are playing to their spell lists, but the negative alignment is difficult to maintain around WL priests on freedom.

Mag is essentially a dead religion, though probably still good for PvP (not sure never tried only been told Mag is ok in PvP).  I like my Mag, but really only thing that is special is disintegrate which comes in handy (on Mag can use in PvE)

I am not up on all of the different choices.  I have a Vyn priest and I know they can woodcut, but not mine or dig as I recall.  I also have a Nahjo who can mine... Vyn gets both WoA and CoC which is nice for enchanting, Nahjo get WoA and the light cure and I believe also gets the one for reinforcing a mine although I can't do it yet :)

8 minutes ago, Kyleshandra said:

I am not up on all of the different choices.  I have a Vyn priest and I know they can woodcut, but not mine or dig as I recall.  I also have a Nahjo who can mine... Vyn gets both WoA and CoC which is nice for enchanting, Nahjo get WoA and the light cure and I believe also gets the one for reinforcing a mine although I can't do it yet :)

Doesnt Nacho also get BOTD, Blessing Of The Dark, which is WOA+COC? 

Ive been gone for awhile, but was around for a slight period when all the new priests were adding in.

I personally still love Vynora over them all, and with the ability for all priest typed to sac Chopped Veggies, makes things all the better.

31 minutes ago, ClericGunem said:

nvm found it on wurmpedia also not going vyn because my friend has one.

Edited by stickher

Figured you might want input from someone on the pvp server with close to 7 years of game experience in that sector.

I will rank the gods in my opinion for someone on freedom looking to fight, and why there are there, the top being #1

Smeagain - This is basically the pvp meta right now, sme seems to offer the best of all worlds. Healing, aoe, single target, some wep and armor enchants and not to mention mag bonuses of damage and res stone at high levels.

Magranon - Smeagain, but with no healing

Fo - There is nothing better than the healing of Fo, every other diety has bits and pieces of Fo, sure. But Fo still serves as an excellent god. Back in the day Fo champions were terrifying, honestly they still kinda are.

Tie - Nathan - Nahjo - I had to tie these for interesting reasons, Nahjo is a really good priest for channeling grind, and can be the priest you use to get the proper skill to be a different priest, he uses a lot of the "big spells" and has some good enchants. Nathan is unique in that you can be WL and still use the a majority of Blacklight abilities, he can heal and provide fungus and is genuinely entertaining

Libila - The queen of mycelium is nowadays, a sad shell of what she used to be. The bulk of her abilities have either been nerfed, or sent to player gods with a better mix of abilities. She is still intimidating to see, but the question is, why bother go with her when you can have a player god with much of the same and better passives?

Vynora - Vynora enchants are the best hands down, but you are not looking to be an enchanting priest. Vynora can do some aoe, like ice pillar, tentacles, and some single target like (FIRE THE CANNON) Ice shard. But she is not a pvp god.

Paalweelr - Sorry Paalweelr fans, I am not sure about this god, literally no one follow it on chaos except maybe like two people who do not actually pvp, I always refer to this as the "Utility God" It is basically a Vyn and Fo love child that Libila babysat on the weekends. Good for freedom? Heck yeah! Good for fighting? Not really.

People will probably disagree with me, and that's great! I encourage the discourse, but Sme and Mag were breed for combat, everything else is eh.

• Like 1