Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Affinity skill - let us choose once a year

my feelings and thoughts tell me this would be better. also expressive if we only got to change it once in a very long while.
once a year? once every couple of years?
both great options.

yay or nay?
ty

• Like 2

"it" ?

how would this work when you lose it in PvP or gain someone else's in PvP?

yes, affinity is an `it`..
If you loose your choice in pvp, you have no control over it for another year.. or two. (aside from killing someone)
pvp is harsh. always has been.
From an active pvp'er perspective i suspect very little would change. I cannot account for WO PvP, i have never engaged in it.
(other than to shuffle my affinity one time from prospecting to .. meh)

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

I'm in agreement. An affinity should be something the player actually uses. Doesn't help to give someone an affinity in something they never use.

Affinity is more of a PVP feature tho and not a PVE feature to "change" it every year. Someone with 100 affinities could put 5 on so many different skills.

Freedom now has Meals that give affinities which basically gives you an affinity in every skill for 2 hours or longer (if you make the right meals).

I think it should be an option on the player manage screen to "Affinity Suicide".  It kills you, with the normal penalties for dying, and removes your affinity (or a random one if you have more than one, but why would you do this if you have more than one?).  Then, same as if you were killed in PvP and lost your only affinity, the game will assign a new one after a time.

+1

i was thinking more along the lines of swapping a really useless affinity (war hammer, artifacts, war machines, turrets....) to something or anything else, even if it is random.  

As it stands one would have to level fs to 20, then send char to chaos, then find someone in different kingdom, pick a fight, respawn, and then go home and wait, and hope for the best, which is to say it can be done right now for people with a single affinity and i cannot imagine those with multiple affinities are that worried about having one bad affinity, but i bet they would like to swap a single bad one to stack a good one and good for them if they manage over course of couple years to get +5 on WS or whatever

For a 10% bonus it is not really worth the trouble, but it is equally does not seem game breaking to allow a voluntary change of a single affinity once a year.   10% becomes less useful imo once you reach higher skill levels, but at least you feel like it is helping

Edited by ClericGunem
+1
  • Like 1

We have meals that provide affinities galore, no need to worry about your base affinity really.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

We have meals that provide affinities galore, no need to worry about your base affinity really.

Agreed, just produce a few, stick em in a LMC, and you are good to go grind for X hours.