Sign in to follow this  
Theonis

Name and Shame: Consolidated

3 hours ago, Khellus said:

I was purchasing Silver using my wife and I's credit card. 

Thank you for explaining the situation.  Now, please pick up the phone and call your credit card company and explain to them that the charge was indeed authorized after all.  While you are at it, please do the same for PayPal.  Why you didn't do this a week ago is very strange.  What they will do with that information, I don't know, but it can't hurt any.

Finally, this public post could have been avoided if you had just responded to my PM's.  It seems that it took this thread for you to understand that a response is required.  I look forward to receiving the silver ASAP.  At such time as PayPal wins the case (based on your calls) and gives me the money back, then you can get your silver back.  Until then, you haven't paid for it so it should be with me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Submit your evidence to Enki for his charge back. Charge backs don't happen by accident and are never initiated by a banking institution without input from the client. So he must have started it himself or he is using an unauthorized credit card. Someone like that has no place in our community. By now I would accept nothing from him except silver. He has already proven unreliable and taking more cash payments will probably result in more chargebacks. 

Pass it on to the GMs. At least some justice can be netted that way.

I did notify GM's for information only.  Did that a week ago.

One thing that should be done, is limit all the trading actions of Khellus. Yes, it might have been a misunderstanding, at the same time it might have not. Until that is clear, the person shouldn't have access to the market, to minimize further damage the person could create. Chances are, that the guy liquidates his assets, sells them off and leaves like Niru. Don't let things get so far, pull the break in early stages, in later stages it is a lot harder is to solve things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Khellus said:

I was purchasing Silver using my wife and I's credit card.  She saw the charge under a name that could be confused(Name removed due to request from affected party).  She called in thinking the paypal charge was somebody purchasing Golf equipment.  The chargeback occured and I was informed by Gold before I realized it. Unfortunately I dont have the funds to pay him direct Euros/Canadian until I receive a paycheck from my New job starting on the 27th of February.

Somehow I can't imagine my wife pry into my business without asking me first. That could lead to hard lesson. Where are photos of you beaten wife? ... just joking :P

Dunno, if you are really so "simple" or naive to have credit card shared with wife. More believable tale is credit card "borrowed" from parents or somebody else.

But most probably it was your own card and you made call for that chargeback ...

Well, not my business at all. But it is one of reasons, I don't trust PayPal for trading in Wurm anymore. :/

There are only 4 players, who I still trust.

• Like 1

Call me cautious because of the Niru scam, but bare in mind all the excuses are plausable excuses a scammer could use. Also the "please wait while I gather my funds from in game assets" could be a guise for him to sell up assets before he gets banned for scamming.

Either way, I hope he proves me wrong. 

Good luck and let us know how you get on Goldfever

Edited by Redd

This topic was not created to post in for players who were scamming the community.  I have it so people can see issues in one spot.  Please create a new thread each time for a complaint so I can link to it.  I am trying to avoid having this thread locked because of back and forth arguments.

• Like 4

I would like to add Fevfev (ingame name) to this list. Claiming that items are his and selling those items while they we're not his to sell being very aware of the fact he is selling "stolen" items.

Edited by whykillme

When it comes to this list, I will update when I see a topic opened in the town hall regarding such activity.  I need to have a thread to link to so that people who want to read the comments can make an informed decision on the incident.  As most people getting called out like to counter the claim.  The back and forth is what locks a thread after it has run on for a good bit.  if we were to do that here, I wouldn't be able to keep updating the list if this thread was locked.  whykillme, make a new topic so i can link to it and i will add it to the list.

• Like 1

The whole point of this thread was to prevent knee-jerk reaction threads in town hall every time there is a disagreement among a couple of players.  I'll also add that "xxxx is a thief" or equivalent threads in Town Hall are not conductive to attracting new players to the game, which is one of the most commonly accepted problems this game is encountering.

• Like 2

Fevfev ingame is not the same as Forum Fevfev, btw.  I think there may be some misunderstanding on that one.

1 hour ago, Theonis said:

When it comes to this list, I will update when I see a topic opened in the town hall regarding such activity.  I need to have a thread to link to so that people who want to read the comments can make an informed decision on the incident.  As most people getting called out like to counter the claim.  The back and forth is what locks a thread after it has run on for a good bit.  if we were to do that here, I wouldn't be able to keep updating the list if this thread was locked.  whykillme, make a new topic so i can link to it and i will add it to the list.

At this point having the record is useful but I do not see a purpose of making new threads. You should just allow people to report here as well and link with the forum reply - instead of making the reporter make a new thread. 

The unfortunate working behind this thread is the bias towards one side or the other.  By this I mean that if someone is a popular player, yet a total d-bag who has abused others, that player is likely to be defended by a "lynch" mob of sorts if placed on this list.  This list would be a good precautionary tool if it wasn't limited by bias or favoritism, but I'm afraid that just isn't possible.  People have emotions, and most people cannot control their emotions readily, so you end up with more opinionated hate than cold neutral truths.  You end up with people twisting words, or being malicious, instead of being neutral and considerate to both sides of the coin.  Making a list of known griefers and criminals is admirable, IF the people adding others to the list aren't doing it out of malice, but with positive intentions to help others.  That just isn't possible, not in this community, and not in most communities, unfortunately.  It quickly turns into a witch hunt.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2017 at 9:20 PM, Niki said:

At this point having the record is useful but I do not see a purpose of making new threads. You should just allow people to report here as well and link with the forum reply - instead of making the reporter make a new thread. 

The issue I'm trying to prevent is getting the thread locked.  If you look at all the links I have up, the threads were locked once the informative conversation devolved into just straight flaming on both the accused and accusers side.  I wouldn't mind having all the issues post in this thread as it makes it easy to keep organized on the forums, but it wouldn't last long as the conversation between reporter and the reported turns into just an argument medium.  If its any thing about wurm I have learned to accept, you can't hold people to the standard of doing the right thing.

On 2/25/2017 at 1:02 AM, Theonis said:

The issue I'm trying to prevent is getting the thread locked.  If you look at all the links I have up, the threads were locked once the informative conversation devolved into just straight flaming on both the accused and accusers side.  I wouldn't mind having all the issues post in this thread as it makes it easy to keep organized on the forums, but it wouldn't last long as the conversation between reporter and the reported turns into just an argument medium.  If its any thing about wurm I have learned to accept, you can't hold people to the standard of doing the right thing.

Should have called it Name and Shame List or something then, you called it consolidated which means people interpret it as "combine (a number of things) into a single more effective or coherent whole" instead calling it something like a list " a number of connected items or names written or printed consecutively, typically one below the other. " which gives most people the impression you intended them to post it here since you gave no instruction in the OP that this was for linking to threads only.

Also if no one talks in here it will just sink to the bottom so honestly the discussion inside it keeps it where people can actually see it just my 2 cents but your probably hurting it more than helping it considering the mods just seem to hide all offending posts now instead of locking entire threads I have not seen a thread locked for banter in ages the offending posts just always magically vanish and the discussion continues as normal.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

Darklords, your ideas were considered and I approached the Forum moderation team on this.  Discussion came down to the consensus that the way I am doing it now is best.

Any ways, I have updated the list.

I think it's unfair how you've put Maurizio on here. Especially the description you gave to the story

Edited by Redd

Holy hell some of these people have no moral whatsoever.. truly children at heart, mind and soul. I hope I never encounter anybody with such nasty intents. 

6 hours ago, Redd said:

I think it's unfair how you've put Maurizio on here. Especially the description you gave to the story

Gotta agree.  Maurizio may not have many redeeming qualities but I am of the opinion that he did nothing wrong in that case.    Someone quit the game, gave him the characters, he later sold the characters he was given.   Original owner comes back and has a fit that the characters they gave away where sold.
Was he really supposed to be the caretaker of those accounts until the end of time?

I play on freedom servers, deliverance to be more precise.  I have e been in chaos but as with all PvP unless you spend a year there no one trusts you so you miss out on thee cool parts.  Regardless of this fact this particular situation is a sticky situation.  With how the rules are, the accused didn't do any thing wrong, this was added to the list as a reminder to those people who trust friends when on what can happen.  This game has a thing with greed creeping and it shows in the ugliest ways.  Some one I know left the game, a few of them.  The ones who left the game for good gave me access to Thier account as well so I could use.  The difference is I have been in this game long enough to know they always come back years later.  It was my account for free that some one gave me, and one of them when the question was brought up to sell the account I contacted the original owner to get permission.  I wanted a paper trail, and proof that I was free and clear to do so.  The original owner ended up selling the account t them selves.  In my opinion I feel both parties were in the wrong.  I have linked the original post so others can read through it and form their own opinion on it.  With my description I tried to sum up the issue in as small of a description as possible.  While trying to show that both parties were in the right and the wrong at the same time.

• Like 1

You might be right, and in the best of days Maurizio is nothing sort of slimey, but by putting him here you are associating him with the worst. This is a name and shame thread. You are saying he should be ashamed for what he did. The Wurm staff disagreed.

Maurizio shouldn't be here. He was judged and found innocent. It is not fair a sentence is carried out anyways. Feels vindictive.

20 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

You are saying he should be ashamed for what he did. The Wurm staff disagreed.

It's common courtesy to let the original owner of the account know that you are about to sell their account. The reason he didn't get banned by the Wurm staff is because he didn't break any rules in obtaining the passwords of the accounts. This still doesn't mean it wasn't a selfish move on his end, thus he should feel ashamed of himself for putting greed over former friends.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, lolmaster said:

It's common courtesy to let the original owner of the account know that you are about to sell their account. The reason he didn't get banned by the Wurm staff is because he didn't break any rules in obtaining the passwords of the accounts. This still doesn't mean it wasn't a selfish move on his end, thus he should feel ashamed of himself for putting greed over former friends.

Not following common courtesy does not warrant being put in a name and shame thread.  Look at it this way, I don't even like the guy, and here I am defending him.  That should give you some idea of how wrong putting him on that list is.

On a side note, I'm not surprised this thread is devolving.  Threads like this always do.   Start off with good intentions, warn people about the worst scammers out there and eventually people who are not liked start ending up on the list....

• Like 2

Did he at least give most (if not all) the money he received from the sale of the account back to the original owner?

If he did, then he did the least he could do and shouldn't be here (though still a lousy move on his part). If he kept the money, then he deserves to be here.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hailene said:

Did he at least give most (if not all) the money he received from the sale of the account back to the original owner?

If he did, then he did the least he could do and shouldn't be here (though still a lousy move on his part). If he kept the money, then he deserves to be here.

She was ignored and given nothing

• Like 1