Sign in to follow this  
prostagma

Possible to remove ground water?

Hello,

I am trying to surface mine, but I started to hit ground water and can not progress further due to the water accumulating each time I dig. Is there a way to remove the water so I can progress further deep down? Is filing the water with a bucket and pouring it on the other tiles going to gradually lower the water level?

water.png

let me help ya prostagma this is ez fix ya just trying to get to rock get a rowboat and a dredge and  just dig till all the drit gone and mine the rock down like you need

You need to dredge if you want to expose rock underwater as has already been said, but you won't be able to make a mine on a completely underwater rock tile and are unable to mine even up after making the entrance to get out of the water if it is to deep also, if you are looking for an on land cave entrance you will need to find land further from the water where the rock layer is higher than the water or regenerate/use gm commands on your map so the rock layer isn't underwater where you want if you are using a custom map of yours and your using WU(not sure if your on WO or WU).

Edited by Darklords