Sign in to follow this  
Pandalet

Cooking questions answered!

Ty for such a detailed response.  I agree that this is confusing.  You are correct it is taking some time to find a certain 'chunk' of affinities that seem largely 'impossible'* I know multiple people that are trying... a subset of them can get the affinities. 

It is far too early to claim its a bug as we are working diligently to solve the issue of clustering to the point that it is impossible or insanely impossible.

it could be just unlucky rng but when multiple people are facing the same exact issue and getting the same patterns when varying the meat, it makes me think it could be a bug

I am using a stir fry combination, with large amount of veggies (constant), Oil or herb (secondary variable), using meats (primary variable).

What is the total number of different recipes in game(I mean highest number one can see, when we mouse over "Search by:" in cookbook)?

On 05/02/2017 at 8:29 PM, rixk said:

What is the total number of different recipes in game(I mean highest number one can see, when we mouse over "Search by:" in cookbook)?

In terms of actual entries on the server, there are 619.  However, that includes a number of duplicates where slightly different recipes have separate files for technical reasons, but produce essentially the same thing.  Also beverages tend to produce lots of entries: a particular distilled drink includes a raw mix (generally heat-based), plus a fermented intermediate, plus a final distillation - thus a minimum of 3 recipes.  Additional variations (fruit, etc) may add more.

I'm not sure how that translates into the final number reported by mousing over the cookbook - we don't have anyone with all the recipes discovered, as far as I know.

On 1/26/2017 at 7:15 AM, DoctorAngus said:

It is far too early to claim its a bug as we are working diligently to solve the issue of clustering to the point that it is impossible or insanely impossible.

I've seen the math the game uses for calculating which affinity you get from a meal. For many characters, it is in fact literally impossible for them to get all all affinities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

I've seen the math the game uses for calculating which affinity you get from a meal. For many characters, it is in fact literally impossible for them to get all all affinities.

Not a fan of the limitations to the randomness AT ALL. I have 3 characters that get the "priest type" affinities several times but the priest doesn't get them. I would trade all the documenting of my affinities so far to be able to actually have a chance at others.