Sign in to follow this  
ctaylor77

Inspiration Rolls

Hello,

I was curious why we have a rare roll on sowing crops, and tending? I believe this to be worthless? Far as I know only yield increase is due to more tending/ difficulty of crop. ( possible to just be removed?). Also the new rune for increased rarity chance doesn't seem to be working as intended. I added the rune to a still after creation, so with my village at %10, plus the %10 rune = %20? ,,.Or is it not a %20 chance? or is it a 0.000020% chance increase? Anyway thanks for your time.

A rare roll on tending is not worthless; it makes that particular tending action significantly more effective. Not sure about sowing.

Village bonus to rarity is not percentage-based in any meaningful way; it increases the rarity window when performing actions by some number of seconds. I'm also pretty sure stills cannot produce rare contents at all. As far as the rune, I'm not sure how to interpret a "10% increased chance" of rarity; there's no obvious meaning to it, given the way rare rolls work in Wurm.

Stills can make rare moonshine for sure, we have some :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Corwen said:

They changed this now... should no longer be getting rare rolls on liquids.

1 hour ago, Corwen said:

1 hour ago, Araninke said:

Hope!

...was lost...

Dissapointment!

Rare rolls when farming essentially increase the likelihood of increased yield. From what I've seen, rare rolls on sow, "farm" tending, or harvesting can result in up to a +1 yield. One extra crop isn't much and I can see why people would think it's a waste.

I have no idea how runes work.

The increased rarity rune is for turning the item the rune is on rare, not things made with that item. So putting that rune on the still will help when imping the still and getting a rare roll, having a higher chance to make that still rare..

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Budda said:

The increased rarity rune is for turning the item the rune is on rare, not things made with that item. So putting that rune on the still will help when imping the still and getting a rare roll, having a higher chance to make that still rare..

now, THATS some useful information

4 hours ago, Budda said:

It is bit off topic, perhaps. But in last week I improved 2 ships with rune 10% for rare and none turned rare, while 3 other ships are rare now. Together I improved 9 or 10 ships in that week.

I know, this sample is too small to make a conclusions. But as I see it, ship with rune for rare has much, much less chance to turn rare, while improved :D

10 hours ago, Budda said:

How does the percentage chance work, though?

When you improve an item, there isn't some flat chance of making it rare; you have a chance to make it rare if you're within a rare window at the time, which is controlled at the character level as far as I know. I really can't think of any way "+10% chance" can be interpreted meaningfully with regard to that. Or is it +10% to the 1-in-5 chance, which would be 30% instead of 20%?

21 hours ago, Araninke said:

but need rare water (?)

21 hours ago, Budda said:

Yes that's exactly how i assumed it worked. I made the still , then added the rune before started improving. But does it add onto village rarity chance, and does QL of the rune matter?

12 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

How does the percentage chance work, though?

When you improve an item, there isn't some flat chance of making it rare; you have a chance to make it rare if you're within a rare window at the time, which is controlled at the character level as far as I know. I really can't think of any way "+10% chance" can be interpreted meaningfully with regard to that. Or is it +10% to the 1-in-5 chance, which would be 30% instead of 20%?

Yes that, the 1/5 was changed to a percentage, and 10% added on top of that.

• Like 3