Sign in to follow this  
Artisan

Browser Games, Anyone?

After downgrading to a laptop that is essentially a tablet with keyboard attached, I'm no longer able to play any graphical games...including Wurm :s

Does anyone have any experience with browser based games? Singleplayer/Multiplayer/Whatever.

More specifically, text based or non-3d games?

Just something I can still get my gaming fix from.

Being able to play it on the train and at work would be a nice bonus too ^^

2 minutes ago, Warlander said:

3 great idle/incremental games :)

Unfortunately I've played the before, a few times each.

Actually started learning to develop my own idle game, as a fun way to learn javascript/html/css and experiment with a few ideas existing idle games gave me.

Stronghold kingdoms is not bad game :) It doesn't run in browser but i think client is not demanding at all, and it's very fun expecialy if you played Stronghold RTS games :)

• Like 1

http://www.swcombine.com can be nice if you like star wars. It's likely a lot slower than the above mentioned games, actions can take anywhere from a few minutes to weeks (mainly long distance travel) to complete.

• Like 1

Adventure quest and runescape bruh.

Rs got kinda cool since i last played it (quit shortly sfter 2.0 release... lol)

• Like 1

What OS? I think there is a Minecraft Pocket Edition that runs on Win10 but is basically a stripped down mobile version

Also something called Survivalcraft that looks to be a lightweight mobile-style minecraft clone that runs on newer windows (win 8/10 but not win7)

This site claims to list The 30 Best Browser Games In The World though I suppose one should take a title like that with a giant grain of salt. 

Though looking through Google Search turns up lots of other websites all claiming to list the worlds best browser games for you.

I know you are probably looking more for personal recommendations. I used to play a couple of crafting-survival type ones called Lugdunon and Wayward that were fairly fun HTML5 games, so i suppose googling for HTML5 Games might also turn up ideas.  itch.io claims to have almost 2000 t browse through just for windows alone

There is a pretty cute one called RAFT that is currently getting a lot of attention on YouTube, where you craft aboard a floating raft-city while a circling shark tries to give you grief. The game lists no system requirements  and I think is supposed to run on very lowend systems, however i HAVE seen some people complaining of lag on every lowend laptops once they start having very complex multistory rafts with all possible do-dads, so it might not be an option for you but I think its currently free (donations)  so not much of a risk to try it,

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Makarus said:

Adventure quest and runescape bruh.

Rs got kinda cool since i last played it (quit shortly sfter 2.0 release... lol)

Played RS off and on since 2004...(wow that's 13 years now) might go back to it for the 100th time again.

I'm not a fan of Star Wars, although I'll check out swcombine anyway. I can look past the theme if the game is good.

*Tried it out - Was going to take 31 minutes to walk to the shop from the starport. I'm either missing something or that was the first step in the 'First Week Guide'... I'd rather have a game with a bit more to do than that. :s

It's funny how many websites claim to have the best list in the world, right Brash? :)

I'll take a look through the ones you listed, although I think they mostly work on a vote based system to determine which ones are best, which is usually quite easily abused by game owners or players claiming vote-rewards within the games. (Or just straight up paid ranks on the website)

Edited by Artisan

here is another possible one, it has crafting farming etc: Inspired by HARVEST MOON so many compare it to STARDEW VALLEY

Might not run on yours but it has a free demo to try and see (dualcore cpu requirement is higher than Stardew but graphics+ram req is very low, 1G ram+ 128mb VRAM DX9.0c so should run on integrated graphics ok)

http://orcish-inn.stevencolling.com/

Edited by Brash_Endeavors