Sign in to follow this  
Kendall17

Personal Goals Change

Planeswalker + a bugged one that says "pilot a rowboat and a sailbot" which I have done plenty of times. oh and also create a fantastic item.... G_G

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TradingAlt said:

Planeswalker + a bugged one that says "pilot a rowboat and a sailbot" which I have done plenty of times. oh and also create a fantastic item.... G_G

Pilot a rowboat worked fine for me, I have it finished, may just want to do support. But yeah planeswalker, fantastic item, and tome ones are dumb.

'

edit: nvm you said and sailboat. Thought you meant seperate goals

Edited by Kendall17

1 minute ago, Kendall17 said:

Pilot a rowboat worked fine for me, I have it finished, may just want to do support. But yeah planeswalker, fantastic item, and tome ones are dumb.

'

edit: nvm you said and sailboat. Thought you meant seperate goals

Nope the goal literally says: Pilot a rowboat and a sailboat

and I have lots of players who can vouch for me that I have done this and it still isn't showing as completed.

oh nvm, they must of done a sweep for those recently, that one seems to have dissapeared from my list

Just now, TradingAlt said:

Nope the goal literally says: Pilot a rowboat and a sailboat

and I have lots of players who can vouch for me that I have done this and it still isn't showing as completed.

Yeh i believe you, wasnt aware there was one that combined both. Sounds like a wierd mission to begin with. System probably makes it think you have to do it at the same time which as we all know isnt possible but yeah.

3e18db5908.jpg

this is what I have atm, and getting planeswalker is literally impossible on freedom cluster

strike the flirt one off the list ;P

the mountain one I can go do at any time, but fantastic item? yeah good luck...

Edited by TradingAlt

Yeah i have the mountain, planeswalker, shadowmage, and some other i can do whenever. Just havent done them because of the two tome ones.

ithjZSN.jpg

This is basicly where i am atm, Demigod is impossible to do (i have no intent to play on epic at all). Slay an Eagle spirit and spawn of uttacha would be only possible for me in the case of a GM powered event, as I do not have the slightest interest in getting involved in pvp fights while hunting valrei critters. Catch a fish remains doable, my lazyness only prevented me to do it so far.

So where is the randomised button to remove those achievement we can or won't do?!

+1 for a well needed fix.

1 minute ago, Odynn said:

ithjZSN.jpg

This is basicly where i am atm, Demigod is impossible to do (i have no intent to play on epic at all). Slay an Eagle spirit and spawn of uttacha would be only possible for me in the case of a GM powered event, as I do not have the slightest interest in getting involved in pvp fights while hunting valrei critters. Catch a fish remains doable, my lazyness only prevented me to do it so far.

So where is the randomised button to remove those achievement we can or won't do?!

+1 for a well needed fix.

You dont need to get involved in pvp fights to slay the eagle and uttacha. Both are soloable mobs, especially the uttacha. Granted you may be in enemy lands, but the chance of finding someone is generally low. But yeah i agree its pointless to do when you have demigod mission.

Edited by Kendall17

11 minutes ago, Kendall17 said:

You dont need to get involved in pvp fights to slay the eagle and uttacha. Both are soloable mobs, especially the uttacha. Granted you may be in enemy lands, but the chance of finding someone is generally low.

Aye, i would go all stabby stabby on those on any pve server for sure as i believe more in a cooperative spirit than the competitive full loot one on chaos (community size and the competition becoming too personnal for my tastes).

+1

It doesn't make sense for a feature to be some work for a few lucky people like me and Cartier, a lot of work for most people, and then cost hundreds of euros or be completely impossible for others. Personal goals need to be rebalanced so it's fair to everyone.

Here's an easy list of ways to accomplish this that I think most people would agree on:

• Remove sorcery and demigod achievements from from personal goals. They are too rare or expensive or simply impossible for them to ever be a fair personal goal. This includes "Summon a magical wall".
  • Remove absurdly unlikely achievements from personal goals. These are the ones like "create a fantastic item" or "mine a fantastic gem" that 
  • Rebalance some diamond achievements that are unfairly time-consuming. There's a diamond achievement for killing 5000 deer, for example, and one for killing 2000 spiders. I see a lot more spiders in the world than I do deer. "Master of the world" is another one that comes to mind, for conquering 100,000,000 land.

There are other things that could be done that everybody might not agree on, like removing pvp server achievements for those on freedom, or having the unfinished goals change after some time period. But doing the above so that everybody who wants to can at least work towards their goals seems like the bare minimum to make things fair.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, thorgot said:

+1

It doesn't make sense for a feature to be some work for a few lucky people like me and Cartier, a lot of work for most people, and then cost hundreds of euros or be completely impossible for others. Personal goals need to be rebalanced so it's fair to everyone.

Here's an easy list of ways to accomplish this that I think most people would agree on:

• Remove sorcery and demigod achievements from from personal goals. They are too rare or expensive or simply impossible for them to ever be a fair personal goal. This includes "Summon a magical wall".
  • Remove absurdly unlikely achievements from personal goals. These are the ones like "create a fantastic item" or "mine a fantastic gem" that 
  • Rebalance some diamond achievements that are unfairly time-consuming. There's a diamond achievement for killing 5000 deer, for example, and one for killing 2000 spiders. I see a lot more spiders in the world than I do deer. "Master of the world" is another one that comes to mind, for conquering 100,000,000 land.

There are other things that could be done that everybody might not agree on, like removing pvp server achievements for those on freedom, or having the unfinished goals change after some time period. But doing the above so that everybody who wants to can at least work towards their goals seems like the bare minimum to make things fair.

agree, but dont forget remove 'ruler of kingdom'  (i got that one finished but then it disappeared in the round of goal resets that happened moons ago)

i have fantastic item and 5000 trees, sure 5k trees is np, but not gonna bother because a fantastic item just isn't going to happen sorry.  thought i could just try an alt so i could accomplish it for fun, oh, no more than half of my accounts have to become a planeswalker/ascend to demigod, and practically all of them have to use 4-9 tomes for certain title goals.  using tomes on alts to win a tome?  nah.  its also kinda weird that in general you have to use up to 2/3rds of all the tomes to win a tome, the randomness to select which tome is fine but at that point you're probably gonna get a repeat

i dont actually need to win any tomes, but the achievement/title would be cool, many people know i love to collect titles

• Like 3

Reworking the system to be a  would be great. Remove the diamond goals and set them aside as their own goal/reward system due to how rare getting most of them will be fore more people and make them all available. For the rest, adding new goals as old ones are achieved would be nice, with maybe some way to randomize them again if you get a bad batch or impossible (for your play style) ones start piling up.

9 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

agree, but dont forget remove 'ruler of kingdom'  (i got that one finished but then it disappeared in the round of goal resets that happened moons ago)

I actually consider that the easiest diamond achievement. It requires finding a kingdom willing to make you ruler for a few minutes, but you could easily do that by offering one of the tome charges to the kingdom (or offering them something else like some hard work). No other diamond achievement can be done in an instant like that.

Create a 'fantastic' item is not impossible, people have done this, and I did mine a fancy gold rockshard once.

Demigod sucks though, and is pretty much impossible on freedom to pull this off, so that just sucks.

+1 personal goals should be things you can achieve on freedom, if you have one that requires some time in chaos, that still does not make it impossible to achieve.

Eaglespirts are especially easy, you will find those everywhere when you sail over.

Bump. Will continue bumping this till it is commented on by a staff that can do something about it/.