Sign in to follow this  
RonBuan

Wurm Unlimited for Mac Users

My friend just purchased Wurm Unlimited and cannot play since it is not supported on Mac OS.

I have read that it can be force installed and played regardless of the lack of support?

Has anyone done this? Do the developers plan on updating the steam release to support Mac users? I know wurm online supports all platforms since it is Java.

It would be beneficial to them to support Mac OS since that's a whole market they are currently missing. 

Steam resource requirements:

MINIMUM:

Processor: 2.6 GHZ Intel Core 2 DUO or equivalent AMD CPU

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 4xx , Radeon HD 5xxx

Storage: 3000 MB available space

Additional Notes: Java Version 8

The Steam launcher that allows you to connect to servers is a .exe, to my knowledge there is no way to bypass the launcher to join servers. 

I recommend your friend go invest in like a 40$ 500gb HDD, install windows 7 or something on it, and just swap between drives when they want mac or windows gameplay. 

You can bypass the exe launcher and run java directly, though it might or might not be against the TOS of CC and/or steam.

Does WO work on Macs anyway? If it does making WU work shouldn't be too hard.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bdew said:

Does WO work on Macs anyway? If it does making WU work shouldn't be too hard.

I know there are Mac and Linux versions of WO. 

Retrograde mentioned in this post that it is a little more complicated than WO due to the server issues, but that may mean people willing to play on someone else's server would not have those complications? Heck if i know!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Meh, the server stuff should be fix-able.

My only experience with trying to get stuff to work on Macs was with H&H client, and it was an utter failure due to very broken OpenGL drivers. If Wurm rendering engine can handle that, everything else should be easy :P

Edit: You will probably need a MacOS version of SteamClientJni, which would have to be provided by CC (or is that file some standard steam API thing just packaged by CC? I have no idea.).

Edited by bdew