Sign in to follow this  
Reylaark

This can be closed. Thank you.

This can be closed.  Thank you.

Edited by Reylaark

You seem to lack an understanding to how mob spawns work. Far as I am concerned this is just a troll post. 

7 hours ago, Reylaark said:

Not the end of the world, and I'm not so impressive an idiot to think it would ever change, but bears considering imho as the same logic can be applied to other public resources when considering their harvest.  It's a tangible case-study of how time to harvest affects players, and their behavior.  On Wurm Unlimited, doesn't matter.  On Wurm Online, it matters.

It matters on WU too. Should have seen the impact of harvest time during Epoch 1 when the only way to feed yourself was hunting and cooking veggies.

2 hours ago, Reylaark said:

There has never been any chance in any hell known to man, woman, or child, that this suggestion would actually go through and inconvenience anyone in the slightest.

Actually there have been some really awful changes made over the years that were suggested by one guy trolling, its important for people to speak up against bad ideas.

• Like 6

Sometimes suggestions can pinpoint a problem within mechanics or the game, but miss the mark in the solution, so when approached with suggestions, there's always an aspect of "what issue does this address?" For many suggestions, it's increased content, variety, and more expansive systems, for some its improvements in reducing tedious aspects of the game that serve no purpose.

When making a suggestion, the key points to focus on is:

• What is the problem with the current system?
  • What is the proposed suggestion?
  • How does it address the problem?
  • What is the intended end result?

In this suggestion, I see its "people leave corpses on the ground and don[t bother burying them"

We've implemented a few ways to improve that, the bury all function was to allow players to butcher mobs and bury them and the parts if they did not wish to collect them, and the rare coin also occurs for burying actions.

I don't think that this would in any way stop that, those who wish to skill butchering tend to collect the mobs in a cart or wagon, and those who just want the fight and weapon skill don't butcher at all, to be honest I'm not even sure what the end goal of this suggestion is, and I'm sure many players aren't either, your original argument was wiping out steppes and such, but you discuss harvest times affecting the community in WO. If you're referring to creature counts, check out our server graphs, you'll see that despite huge amounts of hunting on all servers, spawns are quite stable, as a creature is killed, another one is spawned.

this is why there's backlash against the suggestion, before putting it down to "herd mentality" or anything, the suggestion does not add incentive to bury, but punishes those who wish to butcher and identifies no clear issue and result.

• Like 5

Why make things more tedious? I for one am not a masochist ::D

• Like 2

"People don't bury corpses enough, let's make burying more tedious!" 

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.............. 

• Like 1

Edited by Reylaark

1 minute ago, Reylaark said:

Yeah, I suppose.  Thought to be honest, just one guy trolling?  I don't know.  Seems to me it would take more than that.  I really am honestly surprised people didn't just automatically think, "pfft, that's never gonna happen."

It is a bit disheartening that though I've been posting here quite a while now, and way more often than not --> positively, constructively, and showing support, people still just assume I'm trolling.  That's pretty sad.  I feel I get to know people as they post on the forums, and often think "hmm, that doesn't really sound like so-and-so, there must be a misunderstanding or more to it."  It's a bummer to realize that has not gone both ways.

That's assuming I was talking about you specifically, when it was actually a general example. More specifically lets say good ol Jackie suggesting it would be awesome if we had to remove our helms to shoot bows, this was buried in the middle of a massive long thread for pvp changes and no one said no that's silly because it was obviously silly. Next thing you know it was in game..... and we were stuck with it for a while before it was removed and we are still suffering residual effects from that. Sometimes its a good idea to not take things too personally or assume they are at all to begin with.

• Like 2

Edited by Reylaark
  • Like 1

Edited by Reylaark
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Reylaark said:

I support you man.... Yes I'm well aware of the massive pain in the ass it would be.  I usually clean up after said "Hunting Parties".  While yes it would be a slight inconvenience to have to dismount to butcher or bury things.   I also dislike the inconvenience of people rolling through my "back 40" and slaughtering things to no end.   If you want fighting xp, fine.  If you want butcher xp, cool.   But these are separate functions.

I would place on the forums for a suggestion to remove CR bonus for being on a cart or wagon.... but I let that slide.  Horseback I understand, wagons and carts I don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tallios said:

I would place on the forums for a suggestion to remove CR bonus for being on a cart or wagon.... but I let that slide.  Horseback I understand, wagons and carts I don't.

Good news, wagons and carts give negative points to CR.

• Like 1

Just now, Alyeska said:

Good news, wagons and carts give negative points to CR.

Good.

On 12/26/2016 at 1:23 AM, Retrograde said:
On 12/26/2016 at 10:18 AM, Reylaark said:

Think I've devoted enough time to explaining myself.  Largely proving unfruitful.

Please lock the thread, which I believe has been a courtesy afforded other original posters.

Thanks.

Quick Edit:

@RasuI like your avatar, quickly taking a minute to say so.

@WargasmI like your signature, made me laugh.

@Retrograde

There someone else I should be contacting regarding this?

I guess @Retrogradeis not the person to ask.  Sent pm to appropriate parties, though would have appreciated the person in charge of community relations relate.

Edited by Reylaark

Edited by Reylaark

23 hours ago, polarbear said:

Why try then?

The tenacity of human spirit. If nobody tried when the odds were insurmountable, humanity would have imploded sometime shortly after our amphibious ancestors tried crawling out in to the air and saying "######, o2 is caustic. Why try?"

Weak ###### man, I've got a crew you could ship out with, if you're looking for a spine. It'll hurt though, so why try?

17 hours ago, Mordraug said:

"People don't bury corpses enough, let's make burying more tedious!" 

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.............. 

My feelings exactly.

Could just eat them, season the corpses of tallion and reylaark with some sassafrass and nutmeg... cleaning up my corpse art project, the nerve of some people! ?

Rey, don't take it personally.

I love slaughtering for the sake of glorious slaughter.

Usually my meat wagon handles the processing, but some days I am limited on ######s to give. It happens. I am sure many experience this same tidal nature of mood swings regarding corpse cleanup.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Makarus
hooked on wonics.
  • Like 1

On 26.12.2016 at 8:23 AM, Retrograde said:

the suggestion does not add incentive to bury, but punishes those who wish to butcher and identifies no clear issue and result.

This!

-1 for the OP

I think the consequences of this mechanic are negative from a communal standpoint

The entire point of this thread is to trash, destroy and otherwise put into perspective how worthless this idea is, not only to players, but even from a business perspective. You literally, offer nothing of value.

Admitting this would be a negative QoL change and still asking for it, is neurotic.

I also dislike the inconvenience of people rolling through my "back 40" and slaughtering things to no end

If it's not deeded, it's not yours. Corpses rot in a few days. If your life consists of 'annoyance' at a few corpses lying around a large unclaimed swath, then you should reconsider some things.

This entire forum is LoL with terribly self-serving and otherwise insane suggestions.