Sign in to follow this  
Reylaark

This can be closed. Thank you.

This can be closed.  Thank you.

Edited by Reylaark
  • Like 1

You can bury from a cart. I would assume one can bury from a horse. I bury all my corpses and never leave the cart.

PS: I would have to test on a horse however. I know you can bury from a cart/wagon.

lol

why did you take the time to make this thread?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

But what would burying serve?

I always thought burying things had some impact on client lag (could be wrong) along with a general impression that when you bury bodies new mobs spawn in the area faster.

• Like 1

you can bury from horseback. -1

wont change a thing except for annoying people. a lot. if people dont bury its because they dont bother to. suggestions like this will only help in regards to making those people who already do bury their corpses to not do it anymore.

Edited by Arium

15 minutes ago, Nappy said:

I always thought burying things had some impact on client lag (could be wrong) along with a general impression that when you bury bodies new mobs spawn in the area faster.

being rendering the corpses (minimal) it wouldnt have any effect on that. I think that's an old myth haha.

no.

why not adding harvesting trees from horseback instead?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Reylaark said:

If someone is butchering from horseback, how can they bury the corpse and clean up after themselves?

They don't, as that would involve a few extra seconds to get off a horse.

This feature is convenient when denuding an entire steppe of all animals while ensuring you also get max butchering xp, even if you don't need anything from the animal.

Might have been seen as QoL, and is for grinders, but at the expense of all kinds of other players.

Another option might be to leave it, but double the timer from horseback, and cut the timer to bury in half.

The corpse will still be there, regardless of whether it's butchered or not so this doesn't even make any sense.

No!   Please No!

If I have to get off and on my horse while hunting 300 animals to butcher them, then i'm either not hunting or not butchering anymore.

• Like 1

-1 hell they do not even bury if they are on foot..but hey that's ok I have made a few silvers burying other players kills.

Thank You for the upkeep : P

Edited by Reylaark
  • Like 1

-1. You can bury on horseback.  Usually I even butcher and bury in inventory while riding along. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nappy said:

a general impression that when you bury bodies new mobs spawn in the area faster.

A corpse is just a container. Containers don't prevent spawns.

As far as the suggestion goes:

You don't catch the offenders by punishing everyone else. By this logic we should stop selling anything with a wrapper or bottle IRL because people are too lazy to find a trash bin. You either figure out who's doing it in your area and talk to them directly about the perceived problem, bury the corpses yourself or get used to it. I don't want to get off my horse to butcher just because you have a superficial problem with corpses (that will rot eventually anyway), because like you said - Butchering from a horseback is a QoL improvement and if there's anything this game needs more of it's QoL.

If anything burying (alternatively a 0 favor spell that gives no skill named "banish") should be made possible with a statuette since not all priests carry around a shovel.

• Like 1

so you want this so its more tedious ?

please stop making the game harder. 

IT'S CALLED WOGIC.   

This game isn't supposed to be realistic. 

13 hours ago, Reylaark said:

If someone is butchering from horseback, how can they bury the corpse and clean up after themselves?

Rs9tYMO.jpg

-1, of course, and + to Aeris. You can bury while embarked, those who don't just don't have time or will to do it.

Edited by zigozag

Edited by Reylaark

13 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Hence, I better repeat:

There has never been any chance in any hell known to man, woman, or child, that this suggestion would actually go through and inconvenience anyone in the slightest.

Why try then?

Edited by polarbear

9 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

There has never been any chance in any hell known to man, woman, or child, that this suggestion would actually go through and inconvenience anyone in the slightest.

Then why take up space in the suggestions board with it?

Edited by Reylaark
  • Like 2