Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

Snowballs and larder decay

Snowballs are supposed to slow greatly the decay of food in a larder. I put 100 snowballs in a larder and fresh food including butter. 47ql butter took 2.21 damage in 2 days with 100 snowballs in the icebox. The snowballs also took major damage in 2 days, some 97ql ones too 45 damage, 3 decayed away completely, some 10ql ones took zero damage, but most were on average 30 damaged. that means my snow will last me about a week or 2 and does not slow decay at all. My butter in a larder with no snowballs in it took less damage in 2 days time. Some testing maybe required but I am seriously hoping that adjustments need to be made to the decay rate of snow and food inside a larder. Larder ql was 72. I also had a 72 ql larder with no food just snowballs in the icebox and they also took the same damage. No snow after winter is gone, so no testing with out a little GM help here..

• Like 1

Yes, I have same problem. I put 100 snowballs to the larder yesterday and those have 3,48 damages. 7 snowballs have 35-55,5 damages. We will not have our snawball in spring.

• Like 1

I noticed decay happening quickly on the snowballs also. I don't think they will last until next winter.

EDIT: I did notice they start to decay in inventory about 10 minutes RL time for a damage tick. This seems reasonable though. Snow melts in pockets. :-P

Edited by Audrel

Hope they get onto fixing this soon so we have time to restock our larders befor spring