Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Shooting arrows over fences and from rooftops

Can anybody explain this aspect of the game, please? I heard it is possible, but all details are usually very contradictive.

Edited by zigozag

Since the advent of bridges and the change to collision, it is possible to shoot over structures most of the time if you are the correct height above the wall/building.

iirc roofs blocked arrows completely when the change was first implemented.

Edited by ausimus

16 hours ago, ausimus said:

Since the advent of bridges and the change to collision, it is possible to shoot over structures most of the time if you are the correct height above the wall/building.

iirc roofs blocked arrows completely when the change was first implemented.

Does this include shooting over TSW's from the top of a multi-story building? That would be wonderful if it's true.  

The origin on of my curiosity is this situation:

UUTcbqZ.png?2

Trying to shoot the red guy I was getting the mesage about inability to get a clear shot. Imo, there's no possible position to get a clearer shot. Between me and the red guy is a chain fence on the floor's edge, 1 tile sloped upwards from me, about 30 slope and another chain fence. I am 2 floors above the target.

From what I understand you can't shoot someone if the fence is on the same level as them.

A= Shooter

B= Target

------> = Trajectory

A ---------------------------------------------> B
                  FENCE                                                     Good

----------------->B                           

A-------------------FENCE                                                     Good

A -----------------
                    FENCE-----------------> B                              No Good

A -------------------------FENCE-------------------------> B                No Good

But I could be wrong. 

• Like 2