Sign in to follow this  
SallyIronside

Clarification on Snowballs

Be nice if the decay tick was somehow tied to the total number in the ice box ... at full it's slowest and half full it's faster and with only one or two in there it's like now.

That way if a person wanted they could consolidate down from multiple to one larder through the summer and fall to keep one going.

Would be nice if snowballs in the ice box simply didn't decay.

I totally understand why food decays, that makes sense, but why do the snowballs in the icebox decay at all? There's no advantage to that, it forces people to collect snow every winter and we all know how short winter is these days, it's so easy to miss. It also causes issues if the snowballs decay before the next winter.

Removing decay on snowballs in the icebox would greatly improve QoL without any negative side effects as far as I can see.

It would be better if all the snowballs were of same QL and decayed at exactly the same speed with absolutely no random factor, completely melting away exactly after 1 Wurm year, and as long as icebox was full, the food decay speed wouldn't change.

7 hours ago, zigozag said:

It would be better if all the snowballs were of same QL and decayed at exactly the same speed with absolutely no random factor, completely melting away exactly after 1 Wurm year, and as long as icebox was full, the food decay speed wouldn't change.

Though considering how short winter is in game, and how easy it thus is to miss it due to RL, them lasting 1 Wurm year is probably still too short. If only they could be put in large crates, making storing and trading them easier, etc. Right now you're screwed out of a feature if RL prevents you from logging in for like one week. Guess we'd better time our vacations, etc, right...

10 hours ago, Ecrir said:

Removing decay on snowballs in the icebox would greatly improve QoL without any negative side effects as far as I can see.

There's this antiquated thought process that involves decay and grind as some sort of progression tool to keep people subscribing. The reality is there's always too much to do in wurm, and making things more out of the reach of average-casual-joe is a tactical and strategic fail.  Most people quit wurm because it's too grindy, and no one bothers to rectify it with small but endless QOL changes.

• Like 2

I threw a 25 ql snowball at my horse and  after a month or so when I kiled it. The snowball was there and only had 10 damage... kiinda weird as they only lasted on the snow covered ground a few hours.. I suppose worth thinking about if you need extra storage..lol

• Like 1

Yep, animals are handy storage devices.

Edited by belthize