Sign in to follow this  
Dapurewitch

petting animals

this is nothing big just a small but fun thing i would like to see is being able to pet your animals :} it would be cute and fun and maybe create a stronger bond between you? i would love to be able to pet my horses :)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dapurewitch said:

this is nothing big just a small but fun thing i would like to see is being able to pet your animals :} it would be cute and fun and maybe create a stronger bond between you? i would love to be able to pet my horses :)

Grooming with a brush has pretty much this effect already. 

• Like 2

It would be nice if grooming increased pet loyalty slightly, the way hand-feeding them does. It makes sense, and would give you some incentive to groom often.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zethreal said:

Grooming with a brush has pretty much this effect already. 

Does it create a stronger bond?  I thought further taming did that, but not sure grooming does.

As a happy human to a recently rescued pup... +1 to OP. 

Might want to wear a leather glove if you're looking to pet a hell horse though ^_^

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Does it create a stronger bond?  I thought further taming did that, but not sure grooming does. 

I think they meant, an emotional bond by you towards the animal  (ie, emotional roleplay) and not loyalty from the animal towards you (coded game mechanic)

I am with Ostentatio, I would like to see grooming tamed animals also increase their loyalty ..  and maybe even one step further: hand feeding + grooming slowly lower  the natural aggressive level of an animal (while neglect/hunger raises it). It would be an alternative to taming, taking longer but also not lasting as ridiculously brief times as taming does.  

Runs back to her room and cries as she again remembers her faithful 2011 friend, Mr. Bear. 

Turned into a weak useless victim of the pve taming nerfs 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, KrisWald said:

pet like the yule ;) and have them dance and frolic

i mean petting your animal as a form of affection. grooming keeps them healthy doesnt show affection. would be a nice and gentler way of forming and maintaining a bond with your animals