Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

[FIXED] Completed Alcohol and Vinegar recipes not adding to cookbook

Noticed today when two kinds of vinegar completed fermenting in my barrel rack that event states they are added to my cookbook but after a relog and a server restart today they have not appeared. Having looked into it more i've realised that every kind of alcohol i've produced has the original starter/fermenting recipes but not the completed recipes in cookbook as the event messages would have my believe should be there.

[2016-12-19] [13:51:29] 10 minutes to shutdown.

[2016-12-19] [13:51:29] Reason: Maintenance restart. Up to thirty minutes downtime.
[2016-12-19] [13:54:33] Recipe "cider vinegar" added to your cookbook.

[2016-12-19] [17:40:42] Recipe "malt vinegar" added to your cookbook.

(times in GMT)

yslfWHs.jpg?1

I started a vinegar today, will see what  happens.

Does anyone have vinegar recipe added to their cookbook?

4 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

Does anyone have vinegar recipe added to their cookbook?

I have white wine vinegar in mine, from maybe a week after 1.3 release

This isn't exclusive to vinegars for me, all completed forms of alcohol have failed to add to my cookbook :(

5 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

This isn't exclusive to vinegars for me, all completed forms of alcohol have failed to add to my cookbook :(

Can you try making another today?  There have been a few fixes over the past couple of updates that may (or may not) have fixed this for newly made recipes.  Please date the barrels so we can tell when they were started and when they complete.  I've opened up a bug for this while testing to see my results.  Timed tests are not my favorite ;)

Alright Wurm. lets try this again.

oFyCR6s.jpg?1

[11:45:56] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:46:03] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:46:10] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:46:18] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:46:25] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:46:32] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:46:39] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:46:47] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:46:54] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:47:01] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:47:08] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:47:16] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:47:23] You create a fermenting hops beer.

[11:47:30] You create a fermenting hops beer.

Now i wait.

For the record the old rack that has provided zero completed recipes

3o763JL.jpg?1

Edited by Nadroj
Image of original rack o' booze

Interesting to know, can at least confirm i've stayed on Exodus for the duration of my own experience with this.

my bug test rack has started to finish now and the same thing is happening.

[01:24:47] Recipe "stout" added to your cookbook. (second time i've seen this message now)

Nothing actually appears in cookbook.

On 12/23/2016 at 8:29 PM, Nadroj said:

my bug test rack has started to finish now and the same thing is happening.

[01:24:47] Recipe "stout" added to your cookbook. (second time i've seen this message now)

Nothing actually appears in cookbook.

Thanks Nadroj.  I'm still working on my barrels on live and still tracking the bug.  Thanks for your continued tests.

My Update:

One of my vinegars completed inside a rack.  I was not online at the time.  Recipe not added. This ferment was dated Dec 19.

I took another that is still in fermenting stage and put it on the floor instead of in the rack.  These ferments are dated Dec 21.

One vinegar inside the rack completed while I was online and WAS added to my cookbook - dated Dec 21, added Dec 25.

All completed now, no recipes recieved. I was offline for all but the aforementioned stout.

V9EnZLV.jpg?1

Let me know if you want me to test anything else o7

Edited by Nadroj

Just now, Nadroj said:

All completed now, no recipes recieved.

Just to be sure, all were inside a barrel rack when completed, correct?

2 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

Just to be sure, all were inside a barrel rack when completed, correct?

Correct. Circumstances were: Magranon's Rest deed, inside a mine, inside a house named Tokens Rest and inside the oak barrels and rack as shown. They were made and left in there untouched until now.

Edited by Nadroj

Don't know if relevent but my racks also have locks on them. Think that's literally all i can tell you about this :P

• Like 1

Frustrating bug.

So far 1 vinegar was not added properly.

2 vinegars, one beer and moonshine were added properly.

1 vinegar (which I took out of the rack and put on the floor) has not fermented yet.

My rack is above ground, not locked, in a house.

I'll do another round inside a mine in a house in a locked rack.

unlocked rack in a house

cerbers triple hops, gin, mead, moonshine, pilsner, rum, vodka, whisky, white wine vinegar, they all worked perfectly fine mixed between two accounts

more recently made fermenting beer and fermenting gingerbeer, first isn't finished yet but the gingerbeer finished while offline and didn't add to book

but....  my alt, which did NOT make the fermenting gingerbeer... got the recipe...?    sealed on gary, mysteriously appeared on mrgary.  it's possible i moved the barrel around or something but that doesn't sound very right

edit: confirmed that mrgary had ownership of the barrel via rename option

Edited by MrGARY

On 12/24/2016 at 11:18 AM, Nadroj said:

Don't know if relevent but my racks also have locks on them. Think that's literally all i can tell you about this :P

Based on what MrGary said above, did anyone else handle your barrels or do the sealing or even move them from floor to rack or touch then in any way?

I'm still experimenting with a new batch - I built an underground house and put a locked rack in there.  Created the wort, poured it into barrels, sealed barrels, carried them and put them in a locked rack.  No one else has touched them or will touch them.

Throwing in my 2 cents from a similar bug. When a sub-recipe is created it doesn't seem to have the identity of the player. So if you don't move to to your inventory, such as by transferring directly to a barrel on the ground, it may not get tagged.

16 hours ago, Dinant said:

So if you don't move to to your inventory, such as by transferring directly to a barrel on the ground, it may not get tagged.

i think this is what i did... made fermenting drink with barrel on the ground that my alt dropped, then moved barrel to rack with alt

If it doesn't tag it as yours then why the heck do i still get the event message stating that its completed fermenting and is now added to my cookbook?

Sounds like a reasonable theory but it seems strange if true, that i'd still get "x has been added to your cookbook" at all.

14 hours ago, Nadroj said:

If it doesn't tag it as yours then why the heck do i still get the event message stating that its completed fermenting and is now added to my cookbook?

Sounds like a reasonable theory but it seems strange if true, that i'd still get "x has been added to your cookbook" at all.

I agree, something is not right and I'm trying hard to reproduce it, but there are so many variables, plus time.

My last vinegar from Dec 21 completed and WAS added to my cookbook.  This is the one I took out of the rack and let finish on the floor.  So test 1 had all except 1 vinegar added to the cookbook.

I now have a batch in a mine in a house in a locked rack to see what happens - these are beers, not vinegars and the one vinegar that did not get added - trying again.

On 12/27/2016 at 9:08 PM, Nadroj said:

Well, the bad news is, my last group completed their transformation today and every single one was correctly added to my cookbook.  They were in a mine, in a house, in a locked wine barrel rack.  2 completed while I was online so I got the message 'xxx was added to your cookbook' and it was.  I then went to look at the entire rack and every one had completed and every one was added to my cookbook - including white wine vineger which was not added the last time.

I'm guessing that the disconnect is somewhere between making the concoction and getting it into the barrel and sealing it.  

This time I handled the process from start to finish by making the brew, taking the cauldron into my inventory and dragging it into a barrel I had put on the ground, sealing it using the create - blahblah, taking the barrel, putting it into the rack.

Can you check on an alt or friend who may have helped in one of the steps above to see if they may have gotten credit for the completion?

These were all made 100% every single component by only my Nadroj account. There was no alt or friend involved in any stage =/ Without literally watching you do it i can't be certain but based on what you've said there it seems like i did exactly the same thing you did and just didn't get the recipes.

Couldn't even claim someone maybe picked them up or something because, as i said before, the racks were both locked on both occasions.

Edit - Exception would be that i did the creation action while the barrels were already in the rack.

Edited by Nadroj

oddly I have a vinegar recipe but my mom was the one that made the vinegar; I'm pretty sure it finished fermenting while both were offline; but I was the first to open the rack after it finished